Jade (Eberron Nights Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
Jade is a fictional material referenced in the White Wolf, Inc. role-playing game Exalted.
Jade is the most common Five Magical Materials, and is associated with the most common, least powerful of the Exalted, the Terrestrial Exalted. It is a naturally occurring material on Creation. It is both used as a currency as well as a material for artifacts. When used for weapons, it produces unnaturally fast versions. Employed in the creation of magical armor, it creates hauberks that never tire the wearer.
There are five different colors of jade, each of which corresponds to one of the Elemental Dragons.
- Blue Jade resonates with Air
- White Jade with Earth
- Black Jade with Water
- Green Jade with Wood
- Red Jade with Fire.
From the First Edition Core book, and carried on in the Second Edition, Yellow Jade is mentioned. In Oadenol's Codex, it is finally explained that this color only occurs in random mishaps. The circumstances that create it are infrequent, and thus far unpredictable and uncontrollable. Yellow Jade has no Elemental affinity, but does have the strange ability to reduce or negate the need to commit Essence--spiritual power--to make an artifact useable.
- Soulsteel - The terrible cursed material of the Abyssal Exalted.
- Orichalcum - The golden metal of the Unconquered Sun and the Solar Exalted.
- Moonsilver - The mercurial substance of Luna and her Lunar Exalted.
- Starmetal - The shining white metal of the Five Maidens and the Sidereal Exalted.