Ja'anai (4e Paragon Path)
From D&D Wiki
Ja'anai, the Will of Life
|“||Life is eternal, regardless of how it manifests it should be protected, for in its continuance is the greatest power known. Through life all things are possible.||”|
Prerequisite: You must be an Agent of Kysja (Five Towers Supplement)
Ksyja, sister of Yikva, is beauty, complexity and frustrating in manners of which cannot be denied. Her most basic belief, at its core, is that life must continue; when all is in ruin and devastation, that somewhere, somehow, life will continue. When given the choice between a life already, even in multitudes, or a new, rare life, she will always protect the new. It is through this practice that some see her as harsh, even cruel; many even believe her vindictive and malicious in her duties, but what is the loss of one human among millions compared to the loss of one displacer beast among hundreds?
You, as an agent of Ksyja, are blessed by and are a servant to Life herself. Embraced in her will and summoned to carry her beliefs into the world. You are a protector, a savior at the best of times, and a hard pressed triage doctor at the worst; you are Ja'anai, or "The Will of Life".
Ja'anai Path Features
- Living Grace (11th Level):
- With a flourish and gentle acknowledgement of the grace that your mistress is, you are surrounded by a font of life in pure. All allies within 3 squares of you benefit from this aura, including you, and gain the benefit of regeneration 3 each round while they are in range of this aura. This effect stacks with any and all other sources of regeneration. Undead creatures, even if allied to you, do not benefit from Living Grace.
- Unearthly Vigor (11th Level):
- Sustained by pure life energy you are the antithesis to all that is death; a beacon in darkness, you radiate life and healing energy. Thus whenever you take Necrotic damage you take reduced damage equal to your Wisdom, Constitution or Charisma score modifier and you are immune to petrification.
- Accelerate Life (11th Level):
- With a small sacrifice on your end, you may honor Ksyja by using your own reserves of life energy for your allies to fuel their heroic deeds. As part of this feature, you may expend a healing surge following the use of an action point by you and immediately heal one ally in the presence of your Living Grace aura for one half that same amount. Following your healing of the target through Accelerate Life, for rounds equal to your Wisdom, Constitution or Charisma modifier score, that target receives twice the regeneration granted by your Living Grace aura. Undead creatures cannot be the target of Accelerate Life.
- Predictability of Death (16th Level):
- Ksyja, boisterous by nature in the exhilarating rush of combat, thrills at the feelings it invokes in living things. Wanting it to continue, she lays her favor upon you and flows through your presence. An ally within the range of your Living Grace spell immediately regains hit points equal to your highest ability modifier whenever they are brought to, or below, 0 hit points. In the event the target was subject to a critical hit and subsequently reduced to 0 or less hit points, or any attack that would kill them, you may, as an immediate interrupt, expend one of your healing surges and heal that target for an equal amount in addition to gaining the other benefits provided by Predictability of Death. The benefits provided by this feature does not apply to undead creatures.