Irinsians (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Possessing great passion and confidence, Irinsians are a people touched by the element of air.
Outsiders are often somewhat dazzled by their confidence and strength of conviction towards whatever cause they have devoted themselves to. However, Irinsians do have a tendency to come over as aloft and haughty. They think of themselves as superior over other creatures and therefore have a tendency to look down on other races. This attitude eventually lead to their downfall, so that the entire race is now nothing more than slaves or refugees from the might of the Sirilians. Some Irinsians took that as a lesson in humility and softened their own standards. Others turned to a self-righteous hatred towards all outsiders. The personality of any individual Irinsian is heavily dependant on his or her alignment.
Irinsians are generally between 5 1/5 and 6 feet tall with little difference between males and females. They are very slender and weigh quite a bit less than an average human of their length. Their hair is thin and blond and their eyes can be any light color (blue, green, grey, purple). Most races consider them physically quite attractive ("shame about the attitude", they often add, though).
Evil-aligned Sirilians take a pleasure in breaking their spirits before sending them to their bedchambers.
- Size: Medium
- Base Land Speed: 50ft
- Low-Light Vision: An Irinsian can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Resistances: Irinsians have resistance to electricity 5 and resistance to acid 5.
- Wind immunity: Irinsians are never hampered by any form of wind (although they can by hit by something carried by the wind). As a consequence, they are also immune to spells that rely on the force of wind, such as gust of wind or cyclonic blast.
- Flying Whirlwind (ex): As a full-round action, an Irinsian can move her full speed and make one melee attack at her highest base modifier against any enemy who, during any point in this movement, comes within her reach. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity. An Irinsian can use this ability once per encounter and is fatigued for three rounds after using it.
- +2 racial bonus to Tumble checks
- Air Subtype: Irinsians always fly with perfect maneuverability, no matter the cause of their flight, i.e. a fly spell.
- Spell-like abilities: An Irinsian with an Intelligence or Wisdom score of at least 10 gains spell-like abilities, deep breath 3/day, gust of wind 1/day, air walk 1/week. Caster level equals the Irinsian's HD and the save DC is Intelligence based.
- Automatic languages: Ancient Animean, Irinsian. Bonus languages: Izayn, Karnin, Sirilian, Salandrian, Common
- Favoured Class: Rogue or Ninja
- Level Adjustment: +3
All the races of Eles-Perdna are part of a homebrewed campaign. However, they can be easily adapted to any setting. All you need is one or more planes with strong elemental traits (such as elemental planes or the abyss) and have some adapted humanoids live there.