Hypnocard (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
However, with their understandings of how the mortal mind works, they also tend to be persuasive and manipulative, pushing people’s buttons and playing their hopes and fears against them to get what they want.
Mortifins have a first name, a family name (which can comes from mother or father, whichever parent proposed to the other) and a name for their clan. Most names are a degenerated mixture of draconic and common. Here are some sample clans and mortifin names.
This tribe is housed at an intricate rock formation at the center of the wasteland, seeks honor and entertainment by taking various violent mortal risks. They are a combination agrarian society and big-game hunters, using every party of the creature they kill. They greet one another by drawing their finger across their throats and smile as a threat. Their coming of age ritual involves taking a test of arcane and cultural knowledge administered by a group of undead mystics. Vaeriloci have little notion of sentimentality with remains. The lead mystic will attempt a speak with dead spell if their is any important information they need from the deceased, the fat from the body is made into ceremonial candles at least one of which is burned with a breif list of the person's life and character. After that, the remains are animated and given to guard the firstborn child. Childless Vaeriloci have their bones animated in service of the group.
soriveer, ghoster, rakesol (meat-soul), skinubun (origins unknown), redtooth, Eric (orgins unknown)
gulban (ghoulbane), clefdance(cliff-dancer), kaygropanun(undead-companion), marrower, assured (white-head), thurkared (night-head), phantasm, graver, dulkarst (origins unknown)
The bonzire make their home in a lush jungle and revel in the smell and sight of living things. Their diet is entirely vegetarian, a way that may have arisin from their love of living things or their belief that corpses are labor, not food. Undead minions defend the villaige against the large amount of poisonous creatures that dwell in the dense tropics, giant spiders, dire snakes, and violet fungi being a scant sampling thereof. Every villaiger old enough to handle bottles carries two antitoxins with them at all times, often more. They frequently employ the poisons of such creatures in their weapons, and use contact poisons to coat the teeth of their undead. Because the hot climate has a destructive and unpleasant effect on rotting flesh, they use alchemical and herbal mixtures to dry and preserve the flesh, giving it a dark green tinge and a faint citrus aroma. They are always lead by a male and female pair, one a druid, the other a necromancer (refered to as the bayshrood and levzix respectively), and almost by unspoken tradition these two are opposed on any issue you care to think of. The levzix provides curatives for injuries that do not need immediate healing and breaks curses, while the main function of the bayshrood is to deal with recurring or direct threats to the tribe and heal in the middle of battles or vital cases. How this diametrically opposed pair manages to profitably guide a community is unknown.
irsivar, casinome (forest-home), ashukejer (green-blood), Kendalson (origins unknown), beetlar (beetle-hair), moonary (moon-something)
Garivair, Bludwin, vorelina, golgen, hooranoo, gayurn, Rachel, Elairan (origins all unknown)
- -2 con, +2 int: Velkurns are frail but keen minded and mentally advanced.
- Humanoid (Velkurn): Mortifins are humanoids with the Velkurn subtype
- Hypnocard base land speed is 30 feet:
- Racial bite attack: Velkurns have sharp retractable fangs that provide them with a natural bite attack dealing 1d4 base damage
- +1 to spellcraft and knowledge(arcana) checks: Velkurns are well-learned in magical lore and mechanics.
- -2 to concentration checks: velkurns have little tolerance for physical distracters and jolt of pain easily sends spells into nothingness
- -2 to listen and balance checks: Velkurns have small pointed ears that make it difficult for them to pick up sound and underdeveloped inner ears
- +1 to saving throws against all sonic effects: A velkurn's decreased auditory sensitivity makes it less vulnerable to attacks transmitted by sound
- -3 to saves against pain effects such as symbol of pain: velkurns have a low threshold for pain
- Spell Focus: Hypnocards get the spell focus(enchantment) feat for free.
- Spell like abilities(sp): Prestidigitation, daze, and hypnotism. Hypnocards with intelligence of 12 or less do not have access to these spell-like abilities. Caster level 1
- Spell Immunity: Hypnocards are immune to magic missile and chill touch.
- School Strength: Hypnocards get a +1 bonus to spellcraft and caster level checks to overcome spell resistance with spells of the enchantment school and a +1 bonus to saving throws against them
- +2 sense motive and diplomacy, -2 heal: Hypnocards are good at working with people and psychology, but are somewhat less apt at dealing with corporeal ailments.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus Languages: include abyssal, celestial, infernal, terran, aquan, auran, ignan, orc, goblin, elven, and gnome.
- Favored Class: Enchanter
- Level Adjustment: 0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|