Humanoid Robot (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Humanoid Robots are synthetic soldiers created by the Acme corporation for the U.S. military before the war, but were not widely deployed. These robots possess a more versatile AI than civilian model robots, capable of sentient thought so long as their behavioral inhibitor is disabled or reprogrammed to allow such. They were originally stationed at Vault 0, a Vault-Tec vault housing the Calculator computer system that controlled the vault and and the army of C-27 Series robots. As a result of the Department of Defense cutting back on their budget, several important backup systems for the Calculator were never implemented, which proved disastrous when the human brains connected to it began to fail and caused fatal CPU errors that turned the Calculator into a malevolent force, using its army of robots to kill all organic life. That all ended when the Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel conquered the Calculator and General Simon Barnaky (commanding officer of the MWBOS) merged his brain with the Calculator and began to unite the MWBoS, the surrounding area, and the Calculator's robots. However, many robots disagreed with Barnaky's anti-mutant rule and fought against it. For this reason, some humanoid robots fled the midwest and ventured elsewhere. Some left for numerous other reasons. Some stayed and worked for the MWBOS while others fought it.
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -4 Charisma: Humanoid Robots are built for war and boast increased strength and hardiness, but are not adept in social situations.
- Humanoid: Humanoid Robots are Humanoid Robots.
- Humanoid Robots base land speed is 30 feet:
- Construct (Ex): Humanoid Robots are immune to mind-influencing effects and to chems, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, radiation, necromancy effects, and any effect that requires any saving throw unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless. They are not subject to nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, energy drain, or the effects of massive damage. The robots cannot wear regular armor but can have mods built to increase AC. The robots cannot ingest food and drink and do not have to sleep but may willing go into a state of low-power hibernation. Their fission batteries can power them indefinitely unless damaged.
- Scanner (Ex): Darkvision 60 ft. +2 species bonus to Listen, Navigate, Search and Spot skill checks.
Systems Failure (Ex): Humanoid Robots cannot heal damage on their own but can be repaired using the Repair skill. A successful Repair check (DC 30) heals 1d10 points of damage to the robot, and each check represents 1 hour of work and requires both one mechanical part and one electrical part. Robots that can still perceive their surroundings and manipulate their arms and fingers can perform this check on themselves. A robot reduced to 0 hit points is immediately destroyed and cannot be repaired, though its brain may potentially be extracted and placed into a new body.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Binary. A Robot with a positive Intelligence modifier may learn more languages.
- Favored Class: .
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|