Half-Slime (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A Half-slime's life is a harsh one. Although they prefer meat, they will absorb and digest anything when hungry. They are not innately savage or brutish. Their ooze progenitor's instincts have made them reclusive and shy creatures. With each generation they appear to be more outgoing and willing to associate with other races. They seem to exhibit more traits of humanity rather than slime, curiosity being the most predominate; but they seem distant and, at times, amoral.
When at rest Half-Slime appear as nothing more as a puddle of watery goo. But, if one were to inspect it closer, they could see two brightly colored, pupil-less eyes staring up at them. When active they spring up, taking a humanoid form that only resembles the outline of a naked human (although lacking several key features). Despite their unnatural appearance they always appear to have a glimmer of intellect in their actions. Many are semi-transparent but none of them are completely colorless. They range from red, to blue, to green, and rarely even purple. Their eyes are always present on their body, no matter what form they take. Their eyes are not capable of independent movement and aren't always the same color as their bodies. Both genders average 3' tall, and although they have two arms, and a head, their legs end in puddles of slime that appear to devour their feet. They generally do not leave slime trails as they learned from inception to reabsorb their leavings. They also do not have a foul odor to them like some oozes.
Most races view half-slimes as freakish monsters, and many will avert their gaze from Half-Slimes, they devour most organic materials they come into contact with.
Half-Slimes communities are usually True Neutral. Those that roam are more likely to deviate from this.
Half-Slimes prefer moist environments and avoid the desert.
Half-Slimes have no actual religion to speak of but most prefer to worship gods of water.
Half-Slimes can learn any language, but, they have a hard time speaking due to a lack of vocal cords.
Half-Slimes are usually given names from their non-slime half. Ranging from elvish to human to dwarven.
- +2 Strength; -2 Dexterity; +6 Constitution; -2 Wisdom; and -4 Charisma: Due to their monocellular nature Half-Slime have an aloof, almost alien mind. Their fluid nature has made them more robust yet at the same time hampering their overall dexterity.
- Small Abberant
- Small: +1 AC; -1 Grapple.
- Half-Slime base land speed is 20 feet 15 in water
- Partial Ooze Traits (Ex): A Half-Slime has all of the same traits as ooze creatures, including immunity to sleep effects. Half-Slimes eats, but does not sleep and cannot wear heavy armor.
- Amorphous Body(Ex): A Half-Slime can, as a full round action, melt into a puddle of goo to move through cracks and holes. They begin to enter the crack, hole, or other small entrance way on the next round at speed of 10 feet a round. During this time their 60 ft Darkvision is replaced by 30 ft blindsight.
- Resistant Body(Ex): Due to their already acidic nature they are immune to all but the most potent acids and corrosive agent granting them 10 resistance to anything that deals acid damage. Anything a Half-Slime's hand comes in contact with takes 1d3 acid damage every turn. If a Half-Slime is using a grapple or unarmed attack then the damage is added to the attack. This doesn't affect metals.
- Slime Core(Ex): The Half-Slime has a vital point and thus is vulnerable to critical hits and precision damage is extremely difficult to hit them and giving them a natural resistance to such attacks in the form of a 75% miss rate for critical hits and precision based damage such as from a sneak attack. Such attacks still deal normal damage even if the Half-Slime succeeds in avoiding the critical or precision damage. This is because their entire body acts as a single super-organ of sorts. Their weak point is instead in the form of their core a nucleus of sort which functions as a brain for them and which can be moved about their body at will while also blending in making it a difficult target to say the least.
- Automatic Languages: Common and whatever their parents primarily spoke. Bonus Languages: Any except secret languages like druidic or sylvan.
- Favored Class: any
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 8"||+1d4||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||2' 8"||+1d4||lb.||× () lb.|