Half-Life (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Most Half-life are slow moving, spiteful, and clever. They prey on the strong and try to remain discreet. Some however, try to become doctors and save lives instead of taking them for personal use.
Average "Halfies" are frail, pale, grey eyed, white or grey haired, and harmless looking.
Half-lifes tend to be solitary, but often travel with others for personal reasons. They see stronger people as useful tools when alive and even more useful after they have died. Weak creatures better be good with magic or they're virtually useless in the eyes of a Half-life.
Usually evil in alignment, but can choose otherwise. No matter how dark, nothing is set in stone.
Being the child of a human and a vampire(or similar creature) they can come from almost anywhere. The highest occurrences of Halfies are in dense towns with dark alleys and sewers good for housing the deathly ones.
Almost every Half-life both hates and respects the gods and goddesses of death. They respect them out of their knowledge and power over death, but hate the deities because they are scorned by them for stopping the natural process of death.
Common is their main tongue. They can eventually learn Elven, Infernal, Abyssal, Goblin, Orc, Undercommon, and Draconic.
At birth they are either given human or vampiric names.
- A deceptive +2 Strength because they look weak but definitely are not.
- +2 Wisdom because of ancient bloodline.
- -2 Dexterity due to there sluggish movement.
- Humanoid, Half-Undead
- Slow Speed: +20 feet of movement
- Medium Sized
- Dual Minded(+2 Will)
- Plagueborn(+2 vs disease, ingested poisons, nausea, and sickness)
- Skeletal Damage Reduction(DR 5/Bludgeoning)
- Spell Like Ability Shadow Magic(1/day ghost sound, ventriloquism, pass without trace)
- Spell Like Ability At Will(Animate Dead, 4HD)
- Hatred(+1 attack vs Human and Vampire) = 1 RP
- Unnatural(-4 CHA and +4 AC vs animal. animal attitude is one step worse than normal)
- Favored Class: Rogue.