Half-Dragon, 2nd Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
This is a half-dragon variant that broadens the abilities allowed to a half-dragon. It has abilities more akin to half-fiends or half-celestials than the original template. Changes are: a few spells allowed because of the dragon heritage, frightful presence, ability scores allowed, greater customization based on type of dragon and perhaps some other features which I've forgotten to add to this description. Fairly complete. Still needs criticism.
== Physical Description
Half dragons can favor either their base race or their draconic race. They adopt the special abilities and traits of both races, but use the base race, i.e. human, elf, dwarf; for their level of skills and feats. Half-dragons can look like either humans or upright dragons. those that favor the base race have many draconic features such as sharp bony ridges, fangs claws or any number of features. They are powerfully built and very muscular. Many have no hair, and those that follow the base race usually have jet black, silver or golden colored hair. Their eyes are draconic, no matter what race their features favor and by level 10 their eyes are solid orbs of whichever color their dragon type normally has.Their preferred classes are fighter, paladin and sorcerer if their int. is greater that 12 and they receive no xp penalty for multi-classing for these classes.
Half-Dragon Racial Traits
- Stat adjustments are determined by the type of dragon they are based off.
- Same size as the base creature, type changes to dragon
- Base land speed is + 30 to your base race's speed
- Base flying speed of 120ft.
- Half dragon HD d12 or +1HD increase to class HD
- Dark vision and low light vision 60ft
- Breath weapon dealing 6d8 damage to all within range, usable 1d6 times per day(re-roll number of breath weapon uses each day) Breath weapon specifics by dragon type
- Gain Draconic as an automatic language.
- Natural armor increase of +4
- Half-Dragon can use frightful presence at will. The save DC is 10+1/2HD+ the half-dragon's charisma modifier
- 80% chance of growing wings.
- Immunity to sleep and paralysis and mind effect magic or otherwise.
- Gain bite and claw attacks, same values as half-celestials and half-fiends. Small creatures do 1d6 bite and 1d4 claw damage, medium creatures do 1d8 bite and 1d6 claw damage, and large creatures do 2d6 bite and 1d8 claw damage
- Feats and skills same as base creature. Automatically gain the feats Toughness, Improved Toughness, Multiattack and Aerial Combat.
- Gain immunities as listed at level 1
- Favored Class: Same as base race.
- Level Adjustment: +0
Dragon Types & Effects
|Dragon Type||Ability Score Modifiers||Breath Weapon Effect|
|Black Dragon||+8 str, +4 dex +6 con, +3 wis, +3 int +2 cha||line of acid|
|Blue Dragon||+6 str, +4 con, +2 wis||line of electricity|
|Green Dragon||+6 str, +4 con, +2 wis||cone of corrosive acid(gas)|
|Red Dragon||+8 str, +6 con, +3 wis, +3 to either int. or cha.||cone of fire|
|White Dragon||+6 str, +6 con, +2 wis||cone of cold|
|Brass Dragon||+4 str, +6 con, +2 wis||either line of fire or cone of cold|
|Bronze Dragon||+4 str, +4 con, +4 on one mental stat, +2 on other two||either line of lightning or cone of repulsion gas|
|Copper Dragon||+4 str, +4 con, +2 on all mental stats||line of acid|
|Gold Dragon||+8 str, +6 con, +3 on one mental stat, +2 on other two||either cone of fire or cone of weakening gas|
|Silver Dragon||+8 str, +6 con, + 4 to one mental stat, +3 on other two||either cone of cold or cone of paralyzing gas|
Spell-Like Abilities and Special Abilities
Spell-Like abilities are also by Dragon type. I'm not going to bother to put them into a table. All spell-like abilities are described in the core rulebooks, and most are in the Dragons section of the Monster Manual. Otherwise, the abilities are somewhat the same or limited versions of those of the dragons in the MM.
Black Dragon: immunity to acid and poison; water breathing; darkness 3/day, 30 ft. radius; corrupt water 1/day, 10 ft. cube
Blue Dragon: immunity to electricity; create/destroy water 3/day, as create water, but can also destroy water; sound imitation 3/day; ventriloquism 1/day
Green Dragon: immunity to acid; water breathing; suggestion 3/day
Red Dragon: immunity to fire; vulnerability to cold; locate object 3/day; suggestion 1/day
White Dragon: immunity to cold; vulnerability to fire; icewalking(as spider climb, but only with ice); 3/day fog cloud; 1/day gust of wind
Brass Dragon: immunity to fire; vulnerability to cold; speak with animals 3/day; endure elements 3/day; suggestion 1/day
Bronze Dragon: immunity to electricity; water breathing; speak with animals 3/day; alternate form 1/day; create food and water 1/day; fog cloud 1/day
Copper Dragon: immunity to acid; spider climb; stone shape 3/day
Gold Dragon: immunity to fire; vulnerability to cold; water breathing; alternate form 1/day; bless 3/day; luck bonus 1/day(enspell a gem for 1d3 hours, granting its holder a +1 luck bonus on saving throws
Silver Dragon: immunity to acid and cold; vulnerability to fire; cloudwalking; feather fall 3/day; fog cloud 1/day; alternate form 1/day