Gorillamen (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Calm and playful. That's how Gorillamen usually behave under normal circumstances. They are usually known for their temperance. Though on the battlefield they show their violent and primitive nature.
Gorillamen are vaguely human in appearance, but taller and bigger, like an ogre, ranging in height from seven to eight feet tall. They are also quite squarely built with well-defined musculature. Their arms are longer and their legs shorter in proportion to a human. Their fingers are stubby, while their feet are large and flat. They also have considerable body hair, though they are prone to have more hair on their face than on the rest of their skin. Their heads, however, feature a shaggy mane of bright red hair. Their faces seem primitive and almost simian. Their ears are small and round. Their eye color is usually blue or grey. Gorillamen typically dress in animal skins, and prefer primitive weapons and attire.
They get along well with almost any race. Usually they keep at distance the most hostile ones.
Gorillamen usually follow a path of neutrality; not having the patience for laws or the motivation towards chaos. They are good more often than evil, as their society typically frowns on any action that might draw negative attention to oneself
Gorillamen tribes can be found anywhere, usually they live near the forest, but it's not rare to find a tribe of Gorillamen inhabitating the desert or a mountain.
Gorillamen exclusively worship their patron nature goddess. Clerics of other faiths are nearly unheard of, as they would not have the blessing of their goddess. To the Gorilamen, these blasphemers exist as pariahs and sad examples of why one should always revere their deific patron.
Common and Monkey
Gorillamen have a peculiar sense of humor, and their names usually reflect such aspect of their personality.
- Type: Monstrous Humanoid
- Size: Medium
- Base Land Speed: 25ft or 40ft (see below), 20ft Climb
- Darkvision out to 60ft.
- Gorillamen have a +2 Natural Armor bonus.
- Varying Land Speed: Gorillamen, like their animal counterparts, move most often on all fours which allows them a 40ft land speed. Unlike normal apes, they can wear shields or carry weapons. Gorillafolk wearing a shield, wielding a two-handed weapon or carrying an object requiring both hands can only move on their legs, lessening their land speed by 15ft.
- Automatic feat: Gorillamen get at first level the feat Improvised Weapon Mastery even if they don't meet the prerequisites.
- Gorillamen have a +6 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.
- Powerful Build: +2 to grapple, bull rush, overrun. Gorillamen are considered size category large for wielding weapons, determining natural or unarmed attack damage, and carrying capacity.
- Automatic Languages: Monkey and Common. Bonus Language: Elven, Sylvan, Halfling, Gnome, Goblin, Giant, Orc and Ancient.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|