Gebby (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Gebby behavior is almost a strange parody of human behavior, as well as the behavior of humanoids in general; like humans greatly exaggerated. For this reason, gebbys are often viewed as a people of extremes,and this is true; compared to humans, gebbys are far more likely to be pious worshipers of a deity, whether that deity is in favor of good or ill. Likewise, gebbys are also far more likely to be consummate blasphemers, yelling curses at the gods, be they good or ill, and challenging their power. This does not mean that that all gebbys fall one one extreme of the spectrum or the other; the majority of gebbys still fall between the extremes.
Gebbys are humanoid in shape, typically 5 to 6 feet tall, weigh about 125-250 pounds, men and women are about the same weight. gebby have dark gray skin, and sunken eyes with orange scleras and black Irises. Their hair easily keeps a shape, and is almost always black and strait, but may, extremely rarely, be white and curly, with no variation in between. Each has a number of horns (usually 2), that vary widely in shape and size. They are Red near the skull, yellow near the tip, and orange in between, and grow steadily with age. Their teeth are usually pointed and conical, but may be similar to a humans; some may be longer than others and resemble tusks or fangs. Their teeth and horns are usually useless in battle. Piercings, tattoos and other body art are just as varied and common as they are among humans. The royalty have gills and fin shaped ears.
The gebby are a people of extremes; they may either trade with or seek total destruction with anyone they come in contact with. While usually either one or the other, there may be gebby civilizations that will trade with some and go with all out war with others ignoring very few, usually for arbitrary reasons. Far more common are gebby civilizations that simply wish to be left alone, and will kill anyone who insist on bothering them. It all depends on the morals and ethics of the ruler.
Morally, most gebby are neutral. Many of those that are not tend towards the extremes of alignment. Ethically, their alignment tendencies depend on their blood color; the higher the blood, the more likely to be lawful. The exception to all this is fuchsia blooded trolls, who are equally likely to be of any alignment other than true neutral, which is almost unheard of.
An individual gebby can live almost anywhere, but large gebby colonies are almost Invariably near inhabitable water, since the rulers of a large colony will likely be aquatic. Gebby are usually nocturnal by nature, and have a difficult time adjusting to a diurnal life style; they are therefore more likely to live in an area that is unaffected by a solar cycle, such as limbo, the elemental plane of water, or the underdark.
Most gebbys practice a kind of ancestor worship where a gebby will use the idea of a unusually genetically similar ancestor as a standard to emulate and measure up to. If a gebby worships a deity, it is often Gebbyblybyb. Gebbys do not bury their dead, are duogamous, and never know who their parents are.
All gebby speak Common. They will often learn other languages as well, depending on where they live; on the Elemental Plane of Water, they will most likely learn Aquan, in the Abyss, Abyssal, in forests Sylvan and/or Elven, etc.
Gebby will often Assimilate a language by mixing the languages that they know with each other, using their own alphabet when writing in any language, and applying their own slang to the languages they speak. Gebby slang, which is most often used by the lower castes in the hemospectrum, consists of omitting the name of a creature or object, and instead using a short, accurate description of the object; e.g. a war axe may be referred to as a "Short-bladed-large-chopping-weapon" a Rapier may be referred to as a "Elegant-long-bladed-weapon".
Gebby names are chosen by their lusus after they emerge from the trials endured by every gebby grub Before they are allowed their own hive. They are in two parts, each usually six letters long and are based, at least loosely, on what sound their lusus made after they emerged from the cave they hatched in (after passing the trials). Sometime after becoming an adult a gebby will usually earn or choose a tittle, that can have several parts one of which is usually eight letters long.
- Varies: Hemospectrum, Mutations, and Racial powers are all variables
- Aberration (Psionic): Gebbys are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
- Medium:As Medium creatures, gebby have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Gebby base land speed is 30 feet.
- Weapon and armor Proficiency: Sickle, War Sickle, Morningstar, Light Crossbow, Medium armor and Shields; Indigo:Long bow (Instead of crossbow), STRONG: Unarmed Strike, Crossbow as a club (or Broken Long Bow); Fuchsia: only Double Trident
- Naturally Psionic: Gebby (Except Fuchsia) Gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level, powers are manifested using a chosen ability; Int, Wis, or Cha.
- Psionics (Ps): Each gebby (Except Fuchsia) may choose 1 psionic power from the gebby racial power list at character creation.
- Mutations (Ex): Each gebby may choose 1 favorable mutation at character creation, except those that are aquatic. A gebby may also pick any number of neutral mutations
- Darkvision (Ex): out to 60ft. Nauseated in sunlight.
- Hemospectrum: gebby have multiple blood colors chosen at Character creation. Certain blood colors have specific characteristics.
- Timeless Body (Ex):After reaching adulthood, fuchsia blooded gebbys do not take ability score penalties for aging, and cannot be magically aged.
- Aquatic (Ex): An Aquatic gebby (one with violet or fuchsia blood) has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line. It can breathe under water, and on land.
- Lusus: Each gebby is bonded with a creature during what is best described as a coming of age ceremony that kills most of the grubs. The creature they are bonded to usually has low to mid range intellect, and may or may not be magical in nature. The lusus (selected from the racial lusus list at character creation) may take the place of a gebby's animal companion, familiar, and/or psicrystal. A Lusus that is killed does not incur an experience penalty, and may be revived.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Most: Psion, Non-Psionic: Any, Cerulian: Cerulian Imitatior, Fuchsia/Violet: Aristocrat, STRONG: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +1, can be lowered to 0. Fuchsia: 0
- Day Walker: No dark vision, not nauseated in Sunlight.
- Versatile: Instead of gaining racial Weapon Proficiency, gain an extra skill point at each level.
- Non-Psionic: Gain neither a Power nor Power Points, lose the (Psionic) Subtype, -1 LA
- Average: Bonus Feat
- Bio-Luminescence: Can emit light as bright as a torch from a chosen body part as a move action, and cease emitting light as a free action.
- Hard Teeth and Horns: Bite and Gore attacks (1d6)
- STRONG: +4 Str, -2: Wis, -2 Cha.
- Speedy: +10 Base Land Speed
- Smell Color: Blind sense 30 Ft. in Lit Conditions
- Vision Twofold: gain 4 additional power points, gain psionic subtype if absent.
- None: -1LA
- Vision Eight Fold: Permanent see invisibility effect. (Prerequisites: must be taken at character creation)
- Vision Fourteen Fold: Permanent true seeing effect. (Prerequisites: Vision Eight Fold, must have 15 or more HD.)
Each power uses 1 power point
- Bolt:A You create a few enhanced short-lived bolts, arrows, or bullets.
- Call to Mind: Gain additional Knowledge check with +4 competence bonus.
- Catfall:A Instantly save yourself from a fall.
- Charm, Psionic:A Makes one person your friend.
- Comprehend Languages: You understand all spoken and written languages.
- Control Object: Telekinetically animate a small object.
- Create Sound: Create the sound you desire.
- Crystal Shard:A Ranged touch attack for 1d6 points of piercing damage.
- Dissipating Touch:A Touch deals 1d6 damage.
- Distract: Target gets –4 bonus on Listen, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks.
- Empathy:A You know the subject’s surface emotions.
- Endure Elements: Exist comfortably in hot or cold environments.
- Energy Ray:A Deal 1d6 energy (cold, electricity, fire, or sonic) damage.
- Expeditious Retreat: Your speed increases by 30 ft.
- Far Hand:A Move small objects at a limited distance.
- Float: You buoy yourself in water or other liquid.
- IdentifyM: Determines properties of magic item.
- Jump: Subject gets bonus on Jump checks.
- Know Direction and Location: You discover where you are and what direction you face.
- Mind Thrust:A Deal 1d10 damage.
- Missive:A Send a one-way telepathic message to subject.
- Prestidigitation: Performs minor tricks.
- Repletion: Go 24 hours without needing to eat or drink. (as an Elan.)
- Silent Image: Creates minor illusion of your design.
- True Strike: +20 on your next attack roll.
- Unseen Servant: Invisible force obeys your commands.
- Vigor:A Gain 5 temporary hit points.
|Blood Color||Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Burgundy||30 years||45 years||60 years||+1d10 years|
|Umber||35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d10 years|
|Orchre||50 years||75 years||100 years||+3d10 years|
|Lime||70 years||105 years||140 years||+3d12 years|
|Olive||100 years||150 years||200 years||+3d20 years|
|Jade||125 years||188 years||250 years||+4d20 years|
|Teal||150 years||225 years||300 years||+1d% years|
|Cerulean||200 years||300 years||400 years||+2d% years|
|Indigo||250 years||325 years||500 years||+3d% years|
|Purple||300 years||450 years||600 years||+4d% years|
|Violet||500 years||750 years||1,000 years||+5d% years|
|Fuchsia||50 years||100 years||150 years||Indefinite|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||105 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2d10||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|