Galagians (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Emotional, loyal, and violent, Galagians are best suited to tasks that involve much physical strength, and combat roles that involve guarding or protecting something or someone, as they are very protective of their friend ps and family. Often quick to anger and slow to thought, galagians are not stupid nor are they unwise, but they are known for having "thick skulls" both literally and figuratively. A often demonstrated trait that is genetically passed down from Galagus himself, Galagians have Impossibly strong wills and are known to be exempt from torture, as they will loyally withhold any secret entrusted to them until death.
You are a human, but only on the outside. Inside, your bones are incredibly rich in iron and calcium, making them twice as strong as any human's, and adding a great deal of extra weight. This weight is of no concern to you however, because you are one of many Galagians descended from Galagus, who was known for his emotional, passionate personality, and his Giantlike physical strength. Galatians are more likely to be heavyset, and muscular, and are less likely to be charismatic. Of all the physicalities that differ between GalagIans and other humanoids, is the fact that they all have Green eyes, regardless of gender.
DragonBorn are known to shy away from contact with Galagians due to a war long ago, during which Galagus single-handedly leveled several cities in a fit of mortal anger at the civilian casualties dragonborn soldiers were guilty of. They are wary of the passionate and emotional personality that Galagians have been known to posses. Halflings are wary of Galagians due to their famous strength and physical endurance that rivals even the strength of small Giants. Elves look down on Galagians due to their Ultra-violent ways, and their lack of planning and forethought.
Chaotic Neutral, Lawful good, neutral evil
Galagians, and more specifically, their Paladins, are often Followers of Galagus, the first of their race. They revere him as a deity, and strive to uphold his beliefs as if they were their own.
Galagian Infernal is taught from early childhood, although it is a Strange and warped variant of infernal that only Galagians, and a handful master scholars can comprehend. Common is taught along side Galagian infernal, and draconic was a third language for many Galagian Wizards and Sorcerers.
Names with rolling R's, hard G's, T's, or K's are common, but some have been known to use names from other races.
- -2 charisma, +3 strength, +2 constitution, -1 intelligence, -1 wisdom
- Ironbone Medium: As medium creatures, galagians do not have any bonuses or penalties due to their size, but as a race, they have evolved with a unique trait.
- Galagian base land speed is 40 feet.
- Ironbone: Galagians are visibly and externally human, but they are by no means as soft internally as a human. Your bones are twice as strong as a human's,, but as a penalty, you are quite a bit heavier. +50 pounds to any weight chosen.
- Descendant of Galagus: You are a descendant of the first of your kind, A powerful warrior named Galagus. You are imbued to a lesser extent, the same legendary physical strength he was known for. +3 racial bonus to strength and strength checks.
- Endangered race: Galagians are a rare sight, as they have not had a homeland for hundreds of years due to war, and Survival is prioritized. take a +3 luck bonus on all saving throws.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic, infernal. Bonus Languages: Any (Except for secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Wizard, sorcerer, paladin, barbarian, fighter.
|Middle Age1||Old2||ancient3||Maximum Age|
|180 years||260 years||340 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 10"||+2d10||240 lb.||+; (50) lb.|
|Female||5' 11"||+2d10||190 lb.||+; (40) lb.|