Furyans (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
On a regular day, a Furyan is very peaceful. They're at one with nature, being able to communicate with anything in it. They act like any other human being. Nothing divides them besides their eyes, by looks. Though, Furyans are known to be the warrior race to the point where they are good in/as any situation/class. Their ability to control their soul to increase magic abilities as well as physical abilities (better supports physical classes) make them a force to be dreaded.
Furyans are usually around 6'0" can be larger, or smaller depending on class. Weight- Male: 220lbs Female: 160lbs. They have rather tanned skin, for they are always in nature. Also, their shined eyes (silver replacing iris, pupil, and Whites of their eyes) helps them stand out. Usually darker or red hair, rare cases of light colour.
Furyans get along well with all races, it's only how certain people may treat them that determines their attitude towards those certain few. No belittling comments and such, though some Noble Furyans have been known to get big heads.
Usually Neutral or good, but can be any Alignment.
Furyans can be found almost anywhere in nature. As long as there are natural elements and the freedom of little government.
Furyans all worship "mother" whom most see as Ehlonna. They all eventually have to proceed on a journey to one of the springs of Mother to gain her handprint on a certain body part, Usually their chest.
They speak Common, Sylvan and Undercommon.
Names of children are usually that chosen by Ehlonna. In some cases though, they are chosen by the parents. Usually being of elvish Druidic descent.
- +2 Con, +2 Str, +1 Wis, -2 Int, -1 Cha. Furyans are strong and hearty as an Oak, with years of experience at their command, they are however slow to act in both physical and mental activities, adding to the unease some feel at their unusual
- All Furyans are specified an element, which heals them in nature (not spells) For 10 HP every round.
- The shined eyes of the furyan is justified by the fact they have darkvision up to 120 feet. Their eyes come to hurt them though, in the fact that they experience excruciating pain when their eyes are revealed to light. For this reason, most dwell in shadows and Darkness. At Moderate age, the furyan loses their Darkvision, and it is replaced by very acute sonic vision (in effect blindsight) that is inhibited by a lack of sound (such as that produced by a Silence spell.
- Furyans can communicate with each other telepathically within 120 ft as long as both are touching a plat with their hand, they may also communicate basic commands to animals three times per day
- Furyans have a racial +2 to survival, spot, and Sense Motive.
- Furyans naturally have a Handle Animal Class skill, Due to being so in tune with nature.
- Humanoid. Thought to be perfected Humans.
- Furyan base land speed is 40 feet:
- Soul charge:Takes movement action) Can be used to cause more damage by channeling a Furyan's soul into his weapon, fists, or a burst. +1d10 to damage for every 2 levels. This also causes the user to be stunned for 1 round with a 40% chance of stunning the opponent for 1 round. Also can be used as a charge attack at up to twice the Furyan's land speed but the attack will not have a chance to stun the target. Other Furyans are not affected by this attack. This may be used a maximum of once per encounter
- Automatic Languages: Common, sylvan and Furyan. Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
|360 years||+50 years||+125 years||+275 years|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|641 years||944 years||1238 years||+2d% years|