Forged (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Most Forged are very quiet and kind individuals that have a hard time communicating with anyone other than other Forged. Every Forged strives to improve them self and to gain personal power. The Forged as a race hate to lead and this shows in their social structure. While the forged are organized in their cities and towns, nobody leads them and everyone does whatever they want. Every Forged is fiercely loyal to their "father" Leuk-o, who is said to have been the Forged who created all other Forged. The Forged also have a hard time with understanding other races languages and often think that it is all one language.
The Forged are on average 5'8" and weigh around 170 lbs, though this changes if and usually when the forged improves on their body. The Forged have both males and females amongst their ranks, though the extra parts are merely decorative. The forged are made of wood and stone when they are first formed and have a multi faceted, un-carved, soul gem tucked within their chest around where the heart would be on a human. Forged go through a ritual a year after they are forged called the second forging where the Forge's body is plated in steel. After another five years the third forging commences and a rune is placed on the inside of the palms of the forged which heat up and can melt almost anything the forged is holding. The Forged in many ways resemble a Warforged but are shorter and have more expressive faces.
The Forged get along well with other races but prefer that other races keep their distance. A Forged is very quiet and this is unnerving to other race. A Forged is not actually being quiet but speaking their language which can only be heard by other forged. This is what truly causes the problems because a Forged will get frustrated that nobody is listening to them. A Forged will speak common if they know it around all races but don't realize that there are different languages and will only speak common.
Almost all Forged are chaotic neutral, neutral or chaotic good. There are evil Forged but they are few and far between and are often destroyed quickly.
The Forged live anywhere that no other race of intelligent people live. Forged often concentrate near mountains, volcanos, cliff faces, deep underground or at deep sea.
The Forged revere Leuk-o as their living god and creator but they revere the ancient artificer Lum the Mad as their progenitor as he was the one who created Leuk-o and forged all of the ancient artifacts that they now hunt for.
The Forged speak Mechanicus which can only be heard by other Forged and machines.
A Forged has no need for a name and refer to themselves as this one. The names they have are given to them by either other races or Leuk-o himself
- +4 Strength, -4 Charisma, -2 Wisdom : The Forged are strong but have a hard time with almost everyone because of their language barrier.
- Construct: The forged are machines but look and move like Humans do. As a construct, they have the following traits. Unlike constructs Forged have constitution scores and don't gain bonus HP for being Constructs, this is because of their soul stone. The soul stone also gives a rouge or someone else capable of a sneak attack something to strike at. The soul stone also allows a Forged to be raised from the dead.:
- Low-light vision.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.
- Cannot heal damage on their own.
- Not subject to nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain.
- Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
- Not at risk of death from massive damage. Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less.
- Medium size
- The Forged base land speed is 40 feet
- Powerful Build: The physical stature of a Forged lets him function in many ways as if he were one size category larger. Whenever a Forged is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the Forged is treated as one size category larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A Forged is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature's special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A Forged can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
- Heat Grasp: when a forged performs an unarmed strike, grapple or other mode of touch attack add an extra 1d6 fire damage. This can also be used to melt metal or stone (or catch cloth or wood on fire) by holding the Forged hand on the item for two full rounds.
- Self repair: twice a day per three levels heal 1d6 + Strength modifier points of damage (1d8 + str mod at level 10 2d6 + str mod at level 15 and 2d8 + str mod at level 20)
- Automatic Languages: Mechanicus. Bonus Languages: Any one other language other than secret languages. A Forged may only ever learn on other language other than Mechanicus
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: 0