Eoptera (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Eoptera have only recently learned the basics of life, and as such aren't the best communicators. They desire to protect their teammates and friends, and, although aren't the best looking, are well-liked and good to be around.
Eoptera are insectoid creatures, and are quite tall, around 8-9 feet. They have a black underskin that is covered by a Black brown, green, red or yellow chitin, including over their heads, like a helmet, with slots for eyes and feelers. Under this is their mouth. Their eyes are white with the iris the same colour as their chitin. They weigh roughly 145 pounds.
They do not get along well with spider and bird-like races such as Arachnia and Avians, as these are their natural predators.
Swamp lands, and large, grassy lands
Only small local religions.
They speak Common and Insect.
Exotic names, such as Aurata.
- +4 Constitution, +4 Wisdom, −4 Charisma, −2 Dexterity: Tough and taught by surviving, they, unfortunately, aren't the best looking and aren't very flexible.
- Humanoid(Insect): An insect on its hind legs.
- Large: +2 to grab checks, -4 to hide checks.
- Eoptera base land speed is 40 feet: 50 in the air with perfect flight.
- Hidden Wings: Wings hide under their backs, allowing flight.
- Extra Limbs: They have 6 limbs, four arms and two legs. This allows them to wield twice the amount of weapons.
- Hard Chitin: +2 Natural Armour Class.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Insect. Bonus Languages: Terran, Sylveon, Elven, Draconic, Dwarven
- Favored Class: Ranger, Psion
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|25 years||45 years||60 years||+75 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||8' 8"||+5"||145 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||8' 3"||+2"||130 lb.||× (1) lb.|