Elves, Karpalima (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Karpalima elves are a type of wood elf with the ability to form telepathic bonds and shapeshift.
Karpalima Elves are tricksters who enjoy pulling elaborate pranks.
Karpalima Elves are nearly identical to Wood Elves in appearance and are often mistaken as such.
Karpalima Elves typically stay in their family groups which are quite close. When they do go out into the world they do not make friends easily, but once a friendship forms they are loyal to the very end.
Karpalima elves can be any alignment but are typically chaotic.
- +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, –2 Constitution:
- Humanoid (Elf, Shapeshifter):
- Medium: As medium creatures, karpalima elves gain no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Karpalima elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-Light Vision: A karpalima elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Proficiency: Karpalima elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A karpalima elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- Minor changeshape (Su): Karpalima elves have the ability to alter their appearance as though using a disguise self spell-like ability, this does not affect their possessions. This is not an illusory effect but a minor physical alteration of features. The karpalima elves can use this once per day and lasts until they choose to change again or are killed in which case they revert to their natural form. When in use this ability gives the karpalima elf a +10 circumstance bonus to disguise checks. Using this ability takes a short rest. (Altered from http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Changeling; see also SRD:Change Shape)
- Spell-Like Ability: Can form permanent (see: SRD:permanency) telepathic bonds with other beings over time, this time may be decided by the DM but it is suggested that years are required for perfect communication while only weeks to months for basic emotions and short words.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Celestial and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +2