Elf-Orc, Noble (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Noble Elf-Orc is a race created by magic when a powerful Elvish wizard took pity on the way he observed Orcs living. This race was created as an attempt to give the Orcs leaders that could further the advancement of Orc civilization and culture, with the hope that they will one day be free from their savage ways. A typical Noble Elf-Orc is a natural-born leader, the entire race was designed to integrate seamlessly into Orc society. Noble Elf-Orcs have a slight edge of savagery to them, but it is not nearly as prevalent in their personality as that of their Orc brethren. They are made to be the primitive artists, scientists, and innovators of Orc society, or at least attempt to be. However, many Noble Elf-Orcs shun their Orcish brethren and at times have been known to form communities of their own.
Because the Noble Elf-Orc race was created to serve a specific purpose, they are not a true biological hybrid of elves and orcs. They simply have features made to resemble both races. They resemble orcs enough to make the typical orc believe that they are orcs, but a more intelligent creature would likely notice some distinct differences. The typical male Noble Elf-Orc stands around 5 3/4 and 6 3/4 feet tall, weighing around 150-190 pounds. Females generally stand at 5-5 1/2 and weigh around 110-150 pounds. They are not as heavily built as Orcs due to their elven features. Their skin has the same qualities of that of an orc, with grayish-green pigmentation, while their frame is similar to that of an elf, except taller. They generally have angular Elvish facial features combined with the Orcish prominent teeth and jawline. Unlike orcs, their body hair is no more prominent than that of an elf. Noble Elf-Orcs reach maturity at age 16 and can live to around 125 years old.
Noble Elf-Orcs tend to get along well with other races, but because their primary purpose is to serve the Orc community, they tend to not have much relation with other races and are often mistaken for half-orcs.
Generally chaotic good.
Noble Elf-Orcs tend to be most comfortable living in warmer climates. With no true land to call their own, they tend to live in areas dominated by the savage humanoids, as many of them never realize that they are not actually orcs.
Noble Elf-Orcs have a difficult relationship with the gods Orcs tend to worship, as their purpose is to civilize the orcs which directly contrasts with Orcish gods' destructive tendencies.
Noble Elf-Orcs are usually thought by orcs to be simply members of their race that are born different, so they generally acquire names in the way that most orcs do.
- +2 Charisma, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution: Noble Elf-Orcs were created to be excellent leaders, steady-handed craftsmen of technology and art, and sturdy and healthy enough to live with the violent tendencies of Orcs and the frequent diseases that are contracted when living as a savage would.
- Humanoid (Orc Elf):
- Medium: As Medium creatures, noble elf-orcs have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- A Noble Elf-Orc's base land speed is 40 feet.
- Savage Strength: A Noble Elf-Orc may, in some circumstances, need to perform a feat of incredible strength to prove his worth in Orc society. As such, they have been gifted by their creator with the ability to gain extreme strength for a short period of time while sacrificing their mental clarity. Once per level per day,a Noble Elf-Orc can temporarily drain any his Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma, or any combination of those three, of each stat, to add to his Strength score. Each ability score drained may not fall lower than three. Upon doing this, the Noble Elf-Orc's grows to 130% it's normal size. This lasts 2d6 rounds or 1d4+Con modifier minutes in the case of non-combat scenatios. After this predetermined duration is up, the noble elf-orc must make a Fortitude save of his augmented strength score. If he succeeds, he reverts back to normal. If he fails, he reverts back to normal, takes 1d6 damage, and becomes fatigued for 1d4 rounds.
- Darkvision up to 60 feet.
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy, Hide, Intimidate, and Survival checks.
- Immunity to sleep spells and similar effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantments or effects.
- Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, a noble elf-orc is considered an elf. Noble elf-orcs for example are just as vulnerable to special effects that affect elves as their ancestors are, and they can use magic items that are usable only by elves.
- Orcish blood: For all effects related to race, a noble elf-orc is considered an orc. Noble elf-orcs, for example, are just as vulnerable to special effects that affect orcs as their orc ancestors are, and they can use magic items that are only usable by orcs.
- Automatic Languages:Common, Orcish. Bonus Languages: .
- Favored Class: None.
- Level Adjustment:
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|