Draythikons (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Draythikon's are a peaceful nomadic people, for countless years, since the great truce, the Clan of Dray has adopted a pastoral way of life moving in the search of best pastures and campsites, as well as learning from the many cultures they come across. As a people, Draythikons love learning and discovering new things, the welcome outsiders and their trade often sheltering lost souls in the wilderness providing them temporary shelter. They are slow to anger and quick to make friends, and always seem to have a positive outlook on things.
They are some times referred to as the traveling Scholars, traveling all over Atamara collecting history and knowledge from the varied people on the continent. They live by and for their livestock since their existence largely revolves around them. They take scholarly teaching and learning as seriously as the art of hunting and forging, believing both are essential to survival, and most Draythikons master many languages by a fairly young age. This is often a must when one`s life style depends moving from place to place. They have picked up a good many things in their journeying and have grown wise for it, and all Draythikons seem to harbor a good imagination and creativity, improving themselves to be an intelligent adaptable, and peaceful people no matter the harshness of the environment they chose to live. Regardless of what more `civilized` people my think. Draythikons, also revere nature and the world around them itself, holding it dear and they will also protect it when needed.
Standing at average between 5'3" and 5`10" and weighing in between 125 and 170 lbs usually, true Draythikons are a naturally slender and athletic people, with medium to long length black hair. Draythikons eyes are commonly brown, hazel, or an emerald green. Draythikons have a similar range of complexions to other`s in their tribe, with wood nomads typically coppery or pale skinned and desert nomads of the same clan having darker pigmentations.
Draythikons get along with most race's, especially wood elves and dryads. They have good relations with Dwarves due to much trade between the two races, and feel no ill toward haflings and gnomes who sometimes live among, though this is rare. More savage and warlike race's such as Orcs are at great odds with Draythikons, and they hold a deep mistrust of all goblinods who they attack on sight.
Draythikons tend toward neutral chaotic, due to their life style of freedom from more 'civilized' realms. Some of the larger more powerful Uvuljuu might have more Established laws and customs.
The clan of Dray main migrating regions are usually between Icegate, Saradic, up to Rantire all the why down to the deserts of Talerium. The clan of Dray is broken down in to four major groups called Uvuljuu; these Uvuljuu’s are further broken down into bands, which consist of family groups no larger then 12-16 members, each having it’s own Sheikh which is the head of the band.
The four Uvuljuu from greatest to least: Astrapes kai Vrontes(Largest and leading Uvuljuu), Fotia, Hudor,and Anemos, And there is usually no more then, eight bands in one Uvuljuu, and one over seeing the rest and that bands Khannate is seen as the leader for that Uvuljuu, finally the strongest Uvuljuu Khannate is seen as the whole clans head. Nomadic life thrives in summer and survives in winter. Considering climatic conditions, which depends on which area a band is in. Such a lifestyle may seem to the outside world to be a very hard way of living. However, the clan of Dray, have developed for centuries such qualities as strength and resilience that are essential for survival in this harsh nature, which is their cherished way though the other clans no longer live the nomadic way.
Draythikons Don't follow any major deities, but my follow more nature like gods. They usually practice ancestral worship, or worship nature itself.
The Clan of Dray speak common and a number of languages, depending on which lands and where they tend to roam the most. They all however speak their own tongue, Draykia.
Male names: Yesugei Neikun Daritai Bartan Temujin Uge Khori Buka Khaji'un Temuja Kutula Altan Menggetu Targutai Dai Sechen
Female names: Hoelun Temulin Borte Hulan Orbai Sokhatai Khoakchin Alangoa
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom: Draythikon find little difficulty in grasping the knowledge of new things, making them quick learners, and their skills in the wild have made them wise.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Draythikon have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size
- Draythikon base land speed is 30 feet.
- Mounted Archery: Draythikon are treated as having the Mounted Archery feat without needing to take it, due to their nomadic heritage.
- Mounted Combat: Draythikon are treated as having the Mounted Combat feat without needing to take it, Draythikon often learn to shoot and ride before they learn to walk.
- Horse Nomad: Draythikon grow up in a culture that relies on Riding and shooting for survival. They gain proficiency with the Composite Shortbow, Light Lance, and Scimitar. In addition, they get a +3 bonus to all Ride checks.
- +2 Racial bonus on Listen, Spot, Handle Animal and Diplomacy.
- Saddleback: Draythikon's have spent endless hours learning how to handle a mount in a fight. You can take 10 on Ride checks, even if you are rushed or threatened.If either you or your mount fails a Reflex save while mounted, you can attempt a Ride check to succeed on the saving throw anyway. The save is successful if your Ride check result is equal to or greater than the spell's save DC. (Essentially, you can substitute your Ride check result for your Reflex save if the former is higher.) You can attempt this substitution once per round for either your mount or yourself. If both you and your mount fail a Reflex save against the same effect, your Ride check result applies to both your save and your mount's save.
- Automatic Languages: Draykia, Common, (another language of your choice) Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
- Favored Class: Hunter, and Ranger, due to their love of the wild and need to track their prey to survive.
- Level Adjustment:LA of +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||55 years||75 years||+5d20years years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 5"||+2d10||120 lb.||x(2d4) lb|
|Female||4'0"||+2d10||80 lb.||x(2d4) lb.|