Drak Protoss' (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Driven by individuality and a thirst for knowledge, the Nerazim developed along a very different path than the Khalai. Nerazim work in smaller groups than the Khalai, and are far more individualistic. With a less monolithic culture, each Nerazim is encouraged to forge their own path, and they believe that fostering this attitude leads to their great successes. They remain willful and often fiercely independent, with their closest allegiance being first to clannish warrior bands and then to the Nerazim, the great tribe to which all Dark Templar belong. By their nature the Nerazim are a diverse group of freethinkers motivated by their regard for one another and tribal bonds rather than abstract notions of authority. Different clans take great pains to distinguish themselves through variations in weapons, armor, markings, and dress. Regardless of clan, reputation and personal responsibility are paramount in the eyes of any Nerazim: individuals must always be accountable for their actions. As a result, deeds rather than words act as the Dark Templar's guide. Individual clans can be prone to feuding and rivalry, but they are quick to band together against a common threat. Family is important to the Nerazim, and the family unit is part of their social structure. They are less demonstrative than the Khalai when it comes to the display of emotion.
Nerazim are about two meters (seven feet) to three meters tall and have two glowing eyes that blink normally, Nerazim eyes are predominantly green. digitigrade legs, semi-permeable skin covered in scales, four digits on their hands (of which two are thumbs) and toes, broad chests and shoulders, and narrow waists with slim midsections. Extending back from the crown of the head, Nerazim have a bony crest. Beneath it, emerging from the back of the head, are the nerve cords, allowing them to access their racial psionic gestalt. This gestalt is the basis of the Khala.
When a male and female Nerazim get together and decide to have a child. They form reproductive organs similar to human ones (they don't have reproduce organs till they need them). Then they have something like sex, but it isn't so wild like human sex. After a few days of mating (2d4 days) female Nerazim produce larvae-looking embryo (1d4 days) later. She puts it into the hole in the ground and cover it with small pieces of meat from killed animals. Now embryo consumes meat and grows. Parent refill the hole till the young Nerazim fully grow up. After few weeks (2d4 weeks) is new Nerazim able to join other Nerazim in their normal life.
Nerazim generally treat all others as hostile unless they have proven them self as a great warrior then they are treated as neutral, though if its just from lore of a person they may want to put it to the test (Zerg Arena).
TN, LN, CG, and NG
the moon of Ehlna.
The xel'naga retain the position of "gods" in Nerazim religion. They consider anything that "taints" the Void to be unholy. Funerary rites are conducted for the deceased. Some, if not all Nerazim appear to store their dead in mausoleums and crypts.
Mohandar, Raszagal, Ulrezaj, Vorazun, Zeratul names are not gender specific due to them not having any
- +2 Strength, +5 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, +6 Wisdom, -2 Charisma.
- Humanoid (Psionic)
- Medium size.
- A Nerazim's maximum life expentancy is 1200 years, though exceptions exist
- A Nerazim's base land speed is 45 feet.
- Inertial Armor (Sp): Nerazim can use psychic force to block an enemy’s blows. Nerazim have a +6 armor bonus to their AC while conscious.
- Telepathy: Nerazim cannot communicate verbally. They may use signal languages, or writing normally, but to communicate quickly they employ telepathy that extends to 150 ft away from the Nerazim. along with detect surface thoughts and immunity to things that can see thoughts or memories unless its ones of the Xel'Naga
- Psionic Focus (Ex): Nerazim are extraordinarily focused, to a degree unmatched by humans. They gain a +6 against Psionic save DCs, +3 to all saves for Psionic DCs and +4 to concentration checks.
- Low-Light Vision (Ex): A Nerazim can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- blindsight (Ex):Nerazim have blind sight of 45ft.
- Inborn powers: All Nerazim have some natural psionic abilities. At first level a Nerazim has 9 natural power points, they gain 3 more each level. Each tribe learns a different list of powers at these levels. Unless the Nerazim has a psionic manifesting class the DCs are Wisdom based and the manifester level is equal to their character level. If they have a manifesting class the powers are added at to that list of powers known (if the Nerazim has two or more Manifesting classes capable of manifesting the powers they are added to the list of whichever class has a higher manifester level) every two HD the Nerazim gets he may pick a power from any list and add it to powers known, but may only get ones that he would have access to as if his HD was his level in the class. and have 3 starting powers merging with shadows, psi blades, and bending light.
- Psi blades (Su)
As a move action, a Nerazim can create a semisolid blade composed of psychic energy distilled from his own mind. The blade is size appropriate for its wielder. For instance, a Medium Nerazim materializes Psi blades that he can use as a light weapon, and the blades deals 1d4 points of fire and 1d4 points of force damage (crit 19-20/×2). Psi blades who are smaller or larger than Medium create mind blades identical to short swords appropriate for their size, with a corresponding change to the blade’s damage. The wielder of Psi blades gains the usual benefits to his attack roll and damage roll from a high Strength bonus. Psi blades form near the top of the of the wrist and do not need to be held.
The blade can be broken (it has hardness 15 and 10 hit points +1.5/+1 per manafester level); however, a Psi blades can simply create another on his next move action. The moment he relinquishes his grip on his blade, it dissipates (unless he intends to throw it; see below). A mind blade is considered a magic weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Psi blades can use feats such as Power Attack or Combat Expertise in conjunction with the Psi blades just as if it were a normal weapon. He can also choose Psi blades for feats requiring a specific weapon choice, such as Weapon Specialization. Powers or spells that upgrade weapons can be used on Psi blades.
Psi blades improve as the character gains higher levels. At 4th level and every four levels thereafter, the mind blade gains a cumulative +1 enhancement bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls (+2 at 8th level, +3 at 12th level, +4 at 16th level, +5 at 20th level, and ect.).
Even in places where psionic effects do not normally function (such as within a null psionics field), a Nerazim can attempt to sustain his Psi blades by making a DC 20 Will save. On a successful save, the Nerazim maintains his Psi blades for a number of rounds equal to his class level before he needs to check again. On an unsuccessful attempt, the Psi blades vanishes. As a move action on his turn, the Nerazim can attempt a new Will save to rematerialize his Psi blades while he remains within the psionics negating effect.
- Nerazim have Psionic and electrical immunity.
- Nerazim start with two levels of lurk and Psion.
- All psionic power, abilities, feats, and classes refer to the Nerazim Wis as the required or determining ability score.
- bending light: Like invisibility except lv is based off HD and uses 1 power point.
- merging with shadows: in a puff of smoke teleport up to 15ft as a free action and smoke forms up where you are now located, uses 2 power points.
- Claws(Ex): Nerazim have sharp claws on their hands they can deal damage with. They have two claw attacks each dealing 1d6 slashing damage.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, Spot, Gather Information, and +10 Autohypnosis, and Knowledge (psionics)checks.
- Nerazim gain Psionic Meditation, Psionic Mastery as a bonus feats.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Khalani. Bonus Languages: Any non-secret languages.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level adjustment +4.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|500 years||700 years||900 years||+100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|