Dragonkin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Dragonkin are humanoid creatures believed to be distant cousins of dragons. Found in wild tribes or serving human masters, their brute strength and sharp claws make them a deadly threat. Dragonkin are humanoids of 8 to 9 feet in height with draconic features. Their scaled hides range from dark yellow ocher to reddish brown with darker spots or bands. Their faces are decidedly dragonlike, with a long snout, a mane of thick hair, and small horns swept back behind their heads. They have green wings that lighten to gold or yellow, or sometimes wings that match the color of their bodies.
Dragonkin prefer to fight in the air, swooping down to slash earthbound opponents with their foreclaws. If forced to bring combat to the ground, dragonkin move in and use their claws or weapons (they favor longspears and other reach weapons).
Rake (Ex): Dragonkin make two additional attacks at full bonus(with a -5 melee) with their rear claws for 1d6 points of damage each when attacking from the air.
Detect Magic (Su): Dragonkin have the innate ability to use detect magic as a free action, once per round.
Dragonkin don't really get on with any other race because of what they look like. But to get what they want they would work with or for some races like: Humans, Dwarfs, Gnolls, Goblins, Orcs.
Automatic Languages: Draconic. Bonus Languages: Common, Dwarf, Gnoll, Goblin, Orc.
Cruroar, Flare, Pyronic
- +8 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution,+4 Wisdom, +2 Charisma.
Dragonkin are powerful creatures that derive great abilities from their ancestral tie with the dragons.
- Large size: –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, lifting and carrying limits twice those of Medium characters.
- A dragonkin’s base land speed is 60 feet. It has a fly speed of 40 feet (good).
- Natural Attacks: A dragonkin is proficient with its claw attacks, which deal 1d6 points of damage each.
If it uses a claw as secondary weapon (along with a weapon held in the other hand), it takes the normal penalties for two weapon fighting. When making a full attack while airborne, a dragonkin character may also make two additional attacks with its rear claws at its full base attack bonus(with a –5 penalty if also attacking with a weapon).
- Dragonkin can use detect magic at will as a supernatural ability, as a sorcerer whose level is equal to the dragonkin’s HD.
- Racial Hit Dice: A dragonkin begins with seven levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 7d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +7, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: A dragonkin’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 10 × (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Spot and Listen.
- Racial Feats: A dragonkin’s monstrous humanoid levels give it three feats.
- +7 natural armor bonus.
- base land speed is feet:60ft, 40ft flying.
- Automatic Languages: .Draconic Bonus Languages: .Common, Dwarf, Gnoll, Goblin, Orc
- Favored Class: .Barbarian
- Level Adjustment: +2