Cyborgs (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Cyborgs act almost exactly the same as they did when they were 100% of any race that you chose. They can be occasionally seen recharging or performing tasks that a normal race couldn't normally do.
Cyborgs tend to either be their original height before being robotically enhanced and sometimes opt for more enhancements that increase their weight and height. Normal cyborg height tends to be 5'8" - 7' and tend to weight between 150 - 250lbs depending on the type of enhancements. Cyborgs usually can be seen with a myriad of different eye colors. Some red, some yellow, some blue and everything between. They often have metal plating's on their shoulders, elbows, and/or knees and their chest and legs are replaced with synthetic skin expanding their limits beyond what they originally could do. Some cyborgs may also glow depending on their enhancements.
Due to cyborgs being any race that is willing to undergo the robotic enhancements, they tend to get along with all races, being seen as a helpful tool to some and a savior to others. Some races though might look upon the cyborgs as an abomination and refuse to cooperate with that which isn't natural in their eyes. Due to being created to surpass the creation of half golems solely through artificing, many wizards who study golems have very mixed opinions on the race, torn between wanting to study them and feeling pity for their curious half life
Cyborgs can be of any alignment of their choosing due to them possessing their own free will and thoughts.
Cyborgs feel most at home in cities and towns that are further along in their technological advancements due to the cyborg occasionally needing components that aren't easily obtained or made in hidden villages and small towns.
Cyborgs freely follow any religion they see fit but might not feel comfortable with deities that frown upon people changing their bodies unnaturally.
Some cyborgs like to undergo a change of name or alias that pertains to their new cybernetic lifestyle.
- +4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution: Cyborgs enhancements allow them to push their new bodies to limits normally unobtainable by normal races.
- Medium: Medium creatures receive no penalties or bonuses for their size.
- Cyborgs base land speed is: 40ft (50ft if they have received leg enhancements)
- Internal/External Retinal Scan (Ex): The cyborgs possess enhanced eyes that enable them to gain Darkvision 60ft. This can also be in the form of a mask that unfolds and locks/unlocks freely over their face. It also enables the cyborg to spend 1 round scanning gaining a +3 in spot.
- Pain Inhibitor (Ex): The enhanced areas of cyborgs are automatically fitted with neural dampeners that reduce the effects of pain upon the body. This provides the cyborg a damage reduction of 3/-. With the pain inhibitors dormant, the cyborg gains fast healing 3 due to the enhancements being able to focus on maintaining the well being of the body more than defending it. This inhibitor can be turned on/off freely as a move action depending on how the cyborg sees fit.
- Fuel Cell (Ex): Due to the mechanical nature of the cyborgs enhancements, they require a working fuel source that powers their robotic enhancements. This takes form of a battery that is located somewhere on the cyborgs body that is easy for them to access. This fuel cell can be powered through water that is compounded and transformed into fuel for the cyborg. This fuel burns through its fuel in 1.5 days. After the fuel cell has ran out of fuel, the cyborg must rely on a temporary back-up source of power that starts to slow down the cyborg as shown below. If the fuel cell is destroyed, the cyborg must make a craft Mechanics check with the components (200gp + metal) to remake it. Loss of fuel cell counts as using your reserve power and follows the list below.
|Back-up fuel source|
|Day 1||The cyborg takes a penalty to their movement speed in order to conserve power. Their current land speed is halved until the fuel cell is replenished.|
|Day 2||The cyborg starts cutting unnecessary functions to further increase fuel life. The cyborg loses use of his Internal/External Retinal Scan and Pain Inhibitor until he acquires fuel. With this loss of the pain inhibitor, the cyborg DOES NOT gain fast healing 3.|
|Day 3||The cyborg begins losing his enhanced functions. He takes a -2 to his ability modifiers until his fuel source is replenished.|
|Day 4||The cyborg is nearing the very end of his back-up power. He begins to cease properly using his normal functions. The cyborg takes a temporary -3 to all skill checks and saves until his fuel is replenished.|
|Day 5||The cyborg has ran out of power and ceased to function. He collapses and becomes helpless until his fuel cell is replaced. If recovering from this state, the cyborg will require 1d4 days of restarting time to begin functioning as normal again.|
- Automatic Languages: Common, other languages the race that it's based of new.
- Favored Class: Warrior
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||70 years||90 years||90+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+1d10||200 lb.||+2d20 lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+1d10||170 lb.||+2d20 lb.|