Cybernetic leech (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
They are reserved and tend stand to the side of matters watching the world and checking for threats or options for a new stronger host. though when forced to interact they tend to be rather violent and prominent on there opinions.
When outside of a host they look like a metal grub with holes along the bottom. the holes are the electrical probes that allow them to take over dead corpses. there are several variations some made of different materials, some with defenses, some that don't connect to the brain but the spine.
They tend to steer clear of all other races and each other as well, this is due to the disgust towards their ways of life. Many find them on the equivalent to demons and ghouls, this even leads to violence towards them. they tend hide keeping to them selves.
They are always chaotic due to the residual energy from the corpses they posses. but they are also able to be good and evil or any other possible variation.
Any but they have been known to stay in or near graveyards for a steady supply of corpses to switch into when the current one becomes unusable.
They reject gods as fakes and patrons of evil and have only interest in gaining wealth and power. They believe there is no divine power that controls everything, they think that everything just happens even themselves. They also do not believe in the common android god like beings, the creators.
Due to there robotic origins they are able to speak in a string of code that only machines can understand, not even language spells can translate it. there commonly seen around ordinary people and lower class races explaining there knowledge of common and under common.
They usually start with a name of random numbers and letters. But as they grow older they tend to take a name to blend in better. There usually pretty simple unnoticeable names.
- All stats change as the host changes. In other words it gains the size mods. But sometimes in certain hosts that are considered tough such as an Orc, a troll or a giant they get cocky and feel indestructible and will sometimes pass any intimidation check. (Roll d6 3 or under -10 against a check above 3 -20).
- Animal Construct:
- Cybernetic Leech base land speed is feet: depends on host
- Host Swap: when a corpses looses it's usefulness the leech can leave to a new host were it will then sink with a dead corpse.
- Play Dead: the host becomes completely dead no movement until the leech decides to move, staying that way though causes the corpse to begin to decay.
- Sentinel Mode: it coats it self in armor doubling its AC but it can only do this if the leech is outside of a host.
- Undead Trickery: most forms of undead will be unable to detect the leech when in a host, but get a role to notice them (higher then 15) but this effects 10-12 intelligence creatures as well.
- Instant Ejection: once per day the leech as a full action can instantly escape the host technically unstoppable.
- Stone Burrow: the leech can burrow through stone and only stone.
- Poison Nip: a normal resistance and a 1d8 per round. DC save of 10.
- Animal Brain: -4 against of sense motive.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Data. Bonus Languages: Any the host knows, or uncommon.
- Favored Class: None, but cannot use magic, many take rogue though.
- Level Adjustment:
|Adulthood||Simple no change||Moderate no change||Complex no change|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||'.1 "||+.1||.1 lb.||× () .1 lb.|
|Female||'.1 "||+.1||.1 lb.||× () .1 lb.|