Crystal Gems, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Crystal Gem's personalities are extremely varied, and are often influenced by their role, for example: A Paladin Gem would be very righteous and holy.
Crystal Gems are humanoid, and their sizes can range from small to large. Their colour and design are always based around the gem they represent, and they have a specific instance of this gem somewhere on their body. They appear as females, but are genderless.
They appear snobbish to a lot of other races, regardless of their behavior.
They come from a distant planet, they know as "Homeworld". Or a kindergarten on one of the colonized worlds, one being earth.
They do not believe in gods, but instead worship an idea or a more powerful Gem.
They are named after their gem.
- +4 to two ability scores of your choice, −4 to an ability score the DM chooses, −2 to an ability score the DM chooses: Their skills vary from Gem to Gem.
- Humanoid (Outsider, Living Construct): A humanoid gem creature from another world.
- Size Varies: Varies
- Crystal Gem base land speed is 30 feet.
- Crystal Gems are ageless, and therefore do not gain any bonuses or debuffs for their age.
- Chosen Weapon: A Crystal Gem gets access to one weapon of your choice, as long as it is approved by the DM. You can summon it at will, and if it is destroyed, it can be summoned again at will. It cannot be stopped with Dispel Magic, or anything of the sort. The damage/type is decided by the DM.
- Special Ability: A Crystal Gem gets access to one supernatural ability, this is decided by the DM.
- Enhanced Skill: A Crystal Gem gets +5 to Craft (Alchemy), Knowledge or Perform (Dance).
- Fusion Dance: Any Crystal Gem can fuse with other Constructs or Gems, Increasing by at least one size catergory, and use their higher stats between them and double their Maximum Hit Points. They must roll a Perform (Dance) check vs. DC 20 or the fusion will fail. They split apart when either the fusion reaches 0 Hit Points, or the two players disagree (OOC, roll a Concentration saving throw vs. DC 15).
- Gem Retreat: When reaching death, they roll a Fortitude save to retreat back into their gem, or the gem cracks. If you roll 15 or lower, your gem becomes cracked and you lose 5 from all physical ability scores. If you roll 5 or lower, your gem shatters, and you cannot be revived.
Tough Stone to Crack: +2 Natural AC
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (Excluding Secret).
- Favored Class: Monk, Paladin.
- Level Adjustment: +3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|2500 years||7500 years||12000 years||+∞d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|