Concept:Mana and mana costs in MTG
From D&D Wiki
Mana And Mana Cost
- Mana In General
Things get a little fuzzy here. We all know that in MTG mana comes from the land in the form of Forests, Plains, Mountains, Swamps, and Islands. But the mana flows through everything, and can influance humanoid lives in subtle ways. Red mana incites rage and passion, Blue is things of the mind, white is light and life, green is the wild and ferocity, and black is death and corruption.
Seeing as not being able to use a particular color because your not in the right terrain just doesnt make sense to me in D&D, so i propse that we flavor it so that the mana is drawn from those emotions and ideals. Bannanameds (talk) 19:01, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
- Mana Costs
The mana costs for spells other than that of creatures and planeswalkers shojld be determined by its color and mana cost. For example a green cantrip would be just one green mana. So each time a spell goes up in level, you add one to its converted mana cost. i think the system should go like this.
- Cantrip: One mana of the spells color.
- 1st Level One Mana of the spells color and one mana of any color
- 2nd Level One mana of the spells color and two of any color
- 3rd Level Two mana of the spells color and two of any color
- 4th Level Two mana of the spells color and three of any color
- 5th Level Three mana of the spells color and three of any color
- 6th level Three mana of the spells color and four of any color
- 7th level Four mana of the spells color and four of any color
- 8th level Five mana of the spells color and five of any color
- 9th level Six mana of the spells color and five of any color