Circle of the Seasons (Druidic Circle) (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Druids in this circle are devoted to their season, and herald its coming. They hold ceremonies for the changing of all seasons, but one in particular holds great importance to them.
|Seasonal Druids are the embodiment of their chosen seasons|
At 2nd level, when choosing this circle, your choose one of four seasons:
- Spring- Druids of this season can control plant magic and that of winds and storms that herald the proliferation of life.
- Summer- Druids of this season manipulate the harsh power of the sun, summoning searing flames and blinding light.
- Autumn- Druids of this season are in touch with the passing of life, and understand that just as all life begins and grow, it too shall come to an end.
- Winter- Druids of this season thrive in bitter-cold environments and harness the graceful yet dangerous element of water in its frozen state.
At levels 3, 5, 7, and 9, you gain access to circle spells connected to the season you became a druid. Consult the associated list of spells below. Once you gain access to a circle spell, you always have it prepared, and it doesn't count against the number of spells you can prepare each day. If you gain access to a spell that doesn’t appear on the druid spell list, the spell is nonetheless a druid spell for you. Spells found in the Elemental Evil companion guide (found on the WoC official site) are marked with an *
|3rd||gust of wind, barkskin|
|5th||call lightning, plant growth|
|7th||storm sphere*, stone skin|
|9th||control winds*, tree stride|
|3rd||continual flame, aganazzer's scorcher*|
|7th||wall of fire, fire shield|
|9th||flame strike, immolation*|
|5th||nondetection, speak with dead|
|7th||death ward, blight|
|3rd||snilloc's snowball swarm, misty step|
|5th||waterwalk, sleet storm|
|7th||ice storm, control water|
|9th||cone of cold, hold monster|
When choosing a season, you gain a bonus cantrip based on your season:
- Spring- gust*
- Summer- sacred flame
- Autumn- chill touch
- Winter- Ray of Frost
Starting at 6th level, you have become more in-touch with your season. Depending on your season, you gain resistance to a certain type of damage. At level 14, this becomes an immunity. Also, when you deal weapon damage, you roll 1d6 additional damage of this type. At level 11, the damage increases to 2d6, and to 3d6 at level 17:
- Spring- Poison
- Summer- Radiant
- Autumn- Necrotic
- Winter- Cold
At 10th level, your dedication to your season has enhanced your abilities, and you are granted a special feature:
- Spring- Your hit point maximum increases by your Wisdom modifier, it is above 0. It also increases by 1HP/per druid level.
- Summer- You add your Wisdom modifier to the damage rolls of your Druid spells.
- Autumn- Celestials, Fiends, Fey and Undead (of a CR≤half your Druid level) have disadvantage on saving throws against your Druid spells.
- Winter- You have resistance to non magic bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage
Aura of Equinox
At 14th level, you can spend an action to cast an aura around you in a 30-ft radius sphere. Enemies in this aura take damage of your Seasonal Attunement type equal to your Wisdom modifier+your Proficiency Bonus when they first enter the aura and when they end their turn in it on subsequent turns. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your wisdom modifier. You regain all uses after a long rest.