Circle of the Seasons (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Druids in this circle are devoted to their season, and herald its coming. They hold ceremonies for the changing of all seasons, but one in particular holds great importance to them.
|Seasonal Druids are the embodiment of their chosen seasons|
At 2nd level, when choosing this circle, your choose one of four seasons:
- Spring- Druids of this season can control plant magic and that of winds and storms that herald the proliferation of life.
- Summer- Druids of this season manipulate the harsh power of the sun, summoning searing flames and blinding light.
- Autumn- Druids of this season are in touch with the passing of life, and understand that just as all life begins and grow, it too shall come to an end.
- Winter- Druids of this season thrive in bitter-cold environments and harness the graceful yet dangerous element of water in its frozen state.
At levels 3, 5, 7, and 9, you gain access to circle spells connected to the season you became a druid. Consult the associated list of spells below. Once you gain access to a circle spell, you always have it prepared, and it doesn't count against the number of spells you can prepare each day. If you gain access to a spell that doesn’t appear on the druid spell list, the spell is nonetheless a druid spell for you. Spells found in the Elemental Evil companion guide (found on the WoC official site) are marked with an *
|3rd||gust of wind, barkskin|
|5th||call lightning, plant growth|
|7th||storm sphere*, stone skin|
|9th||control winds*, tree stride|
|3rd||continual flame, aganazzer's scorcher*|
|7th||wall of fire, fire shield|
|9th||flame strike, immolation*|
|5th||nondetection, speak with dead|
|7th||death ward, blight|
|3rd||snilloc's snowball swarm, misty step|
|5th||waterwalk, sleet storm|
|7th||ice storm, control water|
|9th||cone of cold, hold monster|
When choosing a season, you gain a bonus cantrip based on your season:
- Spring- gust*
- Summer- sacred flame
- Autumn- chill touch
- Winter- Ray of Frost
Starting at 2nd Level, you can regain some of your magical energy by sitting in meditation and communing with Nature. During a Short Rest, you choose expended Spell Slots to recover. The Spell Slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your druid level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a Long Rest. For example, when you are a 4th-level druid, you can recover up to two levels worth of Spell Slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level slot or two 1st-level slots.
Your armor class becomes 8 + your CHA and WIS modifier while you aren't wearing armor. At 5th level you add your STR or CON modifier. a armor like substance made out of various things dependents on your season, such as winter and ice like she covers your body, spring a rock like and plant-based Living Armor surround your skin, Autumn your skin naturally becomes harder and harder, etc etc as the seasons begin to protect you so that you can in return protect them.
Starting at 6th level, you have become more in-touch with your season. Depending on your season, you gain resistance to a certain type of damage. At level 11, this becomes an immunity. Also, when you deal melee damage of any kind with any weapon including unarmed attacks. you roll 2d6 additional damage of this type. At level 14, the damage increases to 4d6, and to 6d6 at level 17:
- Spring- Poison
- Summer- Radiant
- Autumn- Necrotic
- Winter- Cold
At 10th level, your dedication to your season has enhanced your abilities, and you are granted a special feature:
- Spring- Your hit point maximum increases by your Wisdom and Charisma modifier if it is above 0 It also increases by 1HP/per druid level at the start of your turn. If you were hit with acid or fire you do not heal the HP.
- Summer- You add your Wisdom and Charisma modifier to the damage rolls of your Druid spells.
- Autumn- Celestials, Fiends, Fey and Undead (of a CR≤half your Druid level) have disadvantage on saving throws against your Druid spells.
- Winter- You have immunity to non magic bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage
Aura of Equinox
At 14th level, you can spend an action to cast an aura around you in a 60-ft radius sphere. Enemies in this aura take damage of your Seasonal Attunement type equal to your Wisdom and Charisma modifier+your Proficiency Bonus whenever they first enter the aura and when they end their turn in it on subsequent turns. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your wisdom modifier. You regain all uses after a long rest.