Chronoblade (3.5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
- As a note, this re-balancing of Chronoblade was done entirely to make this class a valid selection in a game which only allows core rule books and homebrew content. As such, they do not have access to other books. This restriction can easily be lifted for use in other style campaigns, but keep in mind that there are several items/feats/etc. that function well with the Power Points system, and the abilities available to the Chronoblade in general. This class can explode very quickly if not kept in check. I'm constantly revising this class as well, trying to make it more balanced. It's a far shot from the strength that the original had, but it hasn't quite made it a satisfying level.***
Races: Must have two arms and two legs. Generally small/medium non-monstrous.
Classes: Cannot multiclass into any arcane spellcasting/psionic class. May multiclass into Chronoblade from either of these types of classes, but cannot return to those classes for additional levels.
Feats: Cannot have or select any feats not found within the Player's Hand Book
Other: Must have had a resolving moment when the powers manifested. This moment must impact the chronoblades choices and path. (i.e - A lover being killed in front of him and manifesting his powers to kill the murderer. Goes on to be good, killing all murderers or evil, becoming a murderer.)
Starting Gold: 6d4×10 gp (120 gp).
Starting Age: Moderate.
|1st||+1||+0||+2||+0||Time Manipulation, Blades of Time, Temporal Swords (Long Swords 1d8 Each), Weapon Focus: Longswords||5|
|2nd||+2||+0||+3||+0||Distortion Gate, Time Stands Still||15|
|4th||+4||+1||+4||+1||Temporal Shift, Sword and Shield, Temporal Swords +1||30|
|6th||+6/+1||+2||+5||+2||Distortion Field, Fast Movement +10||45|
|7th||+7/+2||+2||+5||+2||Time Shadow, Precognition, Evasion||55|
|8th||+8/+3||+2||+6||+2||Time Phase, Temporal Swords +2||60|
|10th||+10/+5||+3||+7||+3||Greater Time Manipulation||75|
|12th||+12/+7/+2||+4||+8||+4||Fast Movement +20, Temporal Swords +3||90|
|16th||+16/+11/+6/+1||+5||+10||+5||Temporal Swords +4||120|
|18th||+18/+13/+8/+3||+6||+11||+6||Fast Movement +30||160|
|20th||+20/+15/+10/+5||+6||+12||+6||Master Time Manipulation, Foresight, Temporal Swords +5||200|
Class Skills (4 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
All of the following are class features of the chronoblade.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Chronoblades are proficient with all Simple and Martial weapons, and are proficient in Light Armor. Wearing Medium or Heavy Armor denies the Chronoblade access to Time Manipulation skills. The Chronoblade cannot use any items designated for use by psionics, so he cannot store power points for future use. Any Power Points not used on one day do not carry over to the next. In addition, the Chronoblade can only take feats that are found in the Players Hand Book (1).
Temporal Swords (Ex): At 1st level, a Chronoblade gains access to his Temporal Swords. These swords are longswords made of Sonic for the purpose of bypassing DR. They can be called as a free action. They gain enhancement bonuses as the Chronoblade levels up: +1 at 4, +2 at 8, +3 at 12, +4 at 16 and +5 at 20.
Time Manipulation (Ex): In order to use this class ability, the chronoblade must not be exhausted or helpless. If he is fatigued, he must make a successful concentration check (DC 10 + Chronoblade Level) to use this power. You may only use one ability per round. At 10th, they obtain Greater Time Manipulation(GTP) and can spend double the power points for an additional effect. At 20th, they obtain Master Time Manipulation(MTP) and can spend five times the power points for a third effect.
- Blades of Time (Ex): Power Points: 5. At level 1, as a full round action, the Chronoblade can slow down time around him. He can move up to his movement speed, and make two attacks to any enemy adjacent to where he ends his movement. With GTP, the Chronoblade can spend 10 points to hit an additional enemy where he ends his movement. With MTP, the Chronoblade can spend 25 points and attack every adjacent enemy.
- Distortion Gate (Ex): Power Points: 5. At level 2, as a movement action, the Chronoblade can move up to his movement speed without triggering an AoO. With GTP, he can spend 10 points and ignore up to two AoO's while also negating any slow effects on him. With MTP, he can spend 25 points and can move as if under the effects of the spell haste, while ignoring all AoO's.
- Temporal Mending (Ex): Power Points: 5. At level 3, as a standard action, the Chronoblade can heal himself for 1d6 health per 3 levels of Chronoblade, adding his wisdom modifier. With GTP, he can spend 10 points and heal himself for 1d8 per 3 levels of Chronoblade, adding his wisdom modifier. With MTP, he can spend 25 points and heal himself for 2d8 per 3 levels, adding his wisdom modifier.
- Temporal Shift (Ex): Power Points: 5. At level 4, as a movement action, the Chronoblade can switch places with a friendly target. With GTP, he can spend 10 points to give himself and the target he's switching places with a circumstance bonus to AC equal to his wisdom modifier for one round. With MTP, he can spend 25 points to switch places with an unfriendly target, giving himself a bonus to AC equal to his wisdom modifier, and the unfriendly target a penalty to his AC equal to 1/2 his wisdom modifier rounded down. The DC to resist this effect is wisdom based.
- Temporal reset(Ex): Power Points: 5. At level 5, as a quick action, the Chronoblade can use any item in his inventory that has charges without consuming a single charge on that item. With GTP, he can spend 10 points and use the item without consuming two charges on that item. With MTP, he can spend 25 points and use any one-time use item without consuming it.
- Distortion Field (Ex): Power Points: 5. At level 6, as a standard action, the Chronoblade can give himself a 20% evasion chance for a number of rounds equal to 10 plus his wisdom modifier. With GTP, he can spend 10 points to change this effect to 35% evasion chance. With MTP, he can spend 25 points to change this effect to 50% evasion chance.
- Time Shadow (Ex):Power Points: 5. At level 7, as an immediate action, the Chronoblade can completely re-roll an attack he's made this turn, giving that roll a +3 morale bonus. With GTP, he can spend 10 points and use this effect on himself or an ally with a +5 bonus. With MTP, he can spend 25 points and use this effect on an enemies roll with a -5 penalty to that enemies re-roll.
- Time Phase (Ex): Power Points: 5. At level 8, as a standard action, the Chronoblade can make a full-round attack to a single enemies Flat-Footed AC. With GTP, he can spend 10 points and make this attack to the targets touch AC. With MTP, he can spend 25 points and automatically confirm that this attack hits.
- Final Moments (Ex):Power Points: 5. At level 9, as a standard action, the Chronoblade can give themselves a +2 bonus to Strength, Constitution and Dexterity for rounds equal to his wisdom modifier. With GTP, he can spend 10 points and give himself +4 bonuses to these stats. With MTP, he can spend 25 points and give himself +8 bonuses to these stats.
Fast Movement (Ex) :At 6th, 12th and 18th levels, the Chronoblade learns to move faster. These levels provide +10, +20 and +30 movement speed bonuses respectively.
Time Stands Still (Ex) : At 4th level, a Chronoblade can add his Wisdom modifier to his attack and damage rolls.
Sword and Shield (Ex) : At 4th level, the Chronoblade can add the enhancement bonuses from his Temporal Swords to his AC, filling the shield slot.
Precognition (Ex): At 7th level, the Chronoblade adds his wisdom modifier to his Initiative bonus. He also gets the Evasion feat. At level 14, he gain the Improved Evasion feat.
Timeless Body (Ex): At 15th level, the Chronoblade no longer suffers penalties due to aging. Any penalties that applied before this, however, remain in effect.
Foresight (Ex): At 20th level, the Chronoblade can reverse the most tragic events that personally effect him. Once per day, if an attack would reduce the Chronoblade below 0 HP, he can instead choose to heal for the same amount done by that attack. This ability includes all damage done by all attacks made in a full-round attack. If an attack would bypass knocking the Chronoblade unconscious, and instead kill him, this ability has no effect and the Chronoblade still dies.
Bonus Feats: The Chronoblade may take any fighter feat in place of a bonus feat.