Chaotic Angel (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Chaotic Angels lie in-between the Lawful soldiers of God, and the fallen brethren of Evil. Chaotic Angels give the appearance of the average Angel, but their actions suggest they are not so. A Chaotic Angel comes to be when Angels fall from grace, not from a evil desire or a 'higher purpose' but rather because they believe the gods to be tyrants who Lord it over mortals and other races while abusing their power and that even those good aligned are actually detrimental by causing people to rely on them rather than solve their own problems. Chaotic Angels believe the multi-verse would be better off rid of all deitys and greater demons and Devils, some even wanting to do away with all forms of governance. Believing it's the only way to truly free themselves from tyranny. They can be extremely 'individual' and free spirited, though many are also egotistical believing themselves superior to other races who still follow Deitys.
Generally, Angels tend to be rather fair-skinned, winged humanoids. They are often taller than humans, though not by any number of excessive feet, and often reflect their sunny disposition in their appearance; They have bright, clear skin, and beautifully plumed, feathered wings. Chromatic differences in hair, eyes, and skin are just as about diverse as any other race in Tirr, except for dragonkin. Blonde hair, Peachy skin, and Blue eyes are typical, however. Wings on Angels typically have a large span, often about 1.5 times the span of the arms. Most wings are white in color, though this can vary anywhere between the lighter end of the spectrum, though white is the most common.
- +2 strengh, +2 dexterity, -2 constitution, -2 wisdom, -2 intelligence, +4 charisma:
- Outsider (Good):
- Racial Hit Dice: A Chaotic Angel begins with six levels of outsider, which provide 6d8 Hit Dice, base attack bonus of +6, and base saving throw bonuses of:
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +5.
- Medium :
- Base land speed is 50 ft : 80 ft air speed (perfect maneuverability)
- Automatic Languages: common, celestial.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer, Bard, Ranger
- Abilities: Fearlessness, Detect Evil 60ft, Dark and Low-Light vision 60ft
- Quintessence Force: The Chaotic Angel has the power to generate energy from his own body as opposed to depending on outside forces. This is how the Chaotic Angel is capable of producing its powers even if no energy is present in the environment. Thus a Chaotic angels abilities are considered extraordinary powers.
- Living Conduit: All lightning related abilities are amplified by two (Times all electricity damage by two) while the Chaotic Angel is in the midst of a storm. In addition to this, the Chaotic Angel gains 10 temporary Hit points along with a temporary +1 to all stats. The Chaotic Angel receives +2 to all attack rolls and a +2 to damage rolls for as long as they are within the storm.
- Firebolt: By channeling and condensing electrical charges in the air, the Chaotic Angel generates a bolt of heat that fires at a single target 5/day. The range of this is 50ft and to hit she must succeed on a ranged touch attack. This casting time is a standard action but can be increased to a full-round action so as to give it punch through, allowing it to penetrate multiple targets that are medium or smaller in a 50ft line (in this case she must succeed on multiple touch attacks for every new creature). Firebolt deals 2d6 + Charisma modifier in damage. If charged then 4d6 + Charisma modifier.
- Thermokinesis: By condensing electrical charges in the atmosphere, the Chaotic Angel can increase the temperature in a 10ft area within 150ft of her 5/day. The area affected doubles at the start of every new round Thermokenisis is maintained while the temperature increases by 25F to a maximum of 150F. So on the first turn Thermokenisis is activated it raises the temperature by 25F and affects a 10ft area, up to 150ft away. On the next turn this would increase a further 25F while the original area would double to 20ft. Caution should be used, for each turn will allow all enemies within reach of the chaotic Angel to have an attack of opportunity. If the chaotic Angel takes damage she must succeed on a Will save (DC= 10 + 2 x number of turns Thermokenisis has been maintained) so if struck after 4 turns the DC is 18. If she fails this she takes 1d4 damage for every turn Thermokenisis was maintained and stops thermokenisis. Damage is dealt using the rules for Heat Dangers.
- Ball Lightning: The Chaotic Angel has the ability to generate ball lighting, which automatically tracks an individual target at a rate of 25ft a round (the target must initially be visible within 100ft). A Chaotic Angel Can use ball lightning 5/day, each has a maximum range of 500ft, they can be destroyed by any dispel magic effect or if they become grounded. Ball Lightning can be cast as a standard action and can be charged using a full-round action, it hits instantly if it catches its target dealing 2d6 electricity damage and 4d6 in a 10ft radius when charged. The AoE effect deals half the total damage. The tracked enemy must make a fortitude save (DC= 10 + Charisma modifier), while those caught in the AoE effect must make a Reflex save (DC= 10 + Charisma modifier). If the save fails, they are stunned for 1d4 rounds. If Ball lightning is stopped prematurely it deals this damage in a 25ft area instead, at full damage to all hit.
- Archangel: The Chaotic Angel takes on the form of an Archangel, an immensely powerful celestial entity with near limitless power. The Chaotic Angel is able to adopt this form for 1 minute a day per character level. During this time, electricity and alignment damage dealt by the chaotic Angel is doubled. Remaining Firebolt, Ball lightning and Thermokenisis uses are doubled while in this form. The chaotic Angel also gaines DR 5/lawful this increases by +1 for every turn that Archangel has left (so if Archangel will last for another 10 turns, the DR is 15 while the turn after it will be 14).
- Immortal: Angels are immune to all forms of aging be it natural or magical, they cannot die of Aging. They also do not take aging penalties nor gain aging bonuses.
- Immunity to acid, petrifaction and all diseases.
- Resistance to electricity 10.
- +4 racial bonus on saves against poison.
- If your wings are ever fully submerged in water, they add thirty pounds to your current burden until dry.
- Racial Skill Bonus: +2 Bluff, +4 Diplomacy, +4 Gather Information, -2 Handle Animal, +2 Listen, +4 Search, +4 Spot
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 11"||+2d8||40 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+2d6||35 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|