Chaostrums (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Born from Chaos and Darkness, these Humanoids crave one thing. Yet that one thing is always different. No one Chaostrum knowns what is missing from his life. They go through life searching for it, fighting and consuming anything that stops them.
A simple race that has one goal once they hit adulthood. Find the missing piece they are craving. To each Chaostrum until they find this item or idealism it will continue to bother them and make anything they do seem meaningless.
Bulky and strong, these medium-sized creatures can peek around 8 feet. They have four arms, which they use to help run when they are on all limbs. Endurance these creatures are like tanks, but where they are great in speed and strength, they lack in character or common sense. Their body is covered in a thick scales that are similar to reptilians or dragons, but seem to change color every so often depending on how the sun hits them, ranging from black at night, to blue in the morning, purple in the afternoon, and red in the evening. They have wings as well but hardly use them.
They are not known to most races except to most Dragonic races, and lizardfolk. While most of the time peaceful there are a few who's craving is not so benevolent. Thus another group of the Race divided up to form what is known as the Bloodstrums. While they are still Chaostrums these creatures love war and the taste of blood. Most are malignant in nature and have divided up the Chaostrums. A unending war is between both of these classes and a unyielding hate that makes even orcs and elves look childish.
Can range depending on the type you go, if you go for the Bloodstrums then you are ranging from chaotic neutral to evil, while the Chaostrums will range from Chaotic neutral to Good.
They live in an area that is mixed with mountains, large forests, and swamps.
Chaostrums worship a god known as the Narth, which is to there belief is the planet. While Bloodstrums worship most War gods.
Dragonic, because the dragons in the surrounding area taught them in there tongues.
- +4 Strength +4 Con +2 Int, -4 Charisma, -4 Wisdom. While They are strong and bulky tanks, they are quick to learn after being taught by the Dragoniods. However, while they learned quick there social skills are lacking as they only really learned with dragons, and aside from that never interacted with most other races. They tend to be less on the side of common sense.
- Dragon Humanoid:
- Chaostrums and Bloodstrums base land speed is 20 feet: However, once they get serious and they get on all there limbs they are able to dart and keep up with some of the fastest creatures to run 60 feet. Once in this mode, though the only way of fighting is biting. Flight of 30 feet
- Chaostrums and Bloodstrums do to there scales have a natural armor of +5
- BLoodstrums and Chaostrum having multiple limbs helps in grappling +4, however, they only can use the first two for wielding weapons.
- Bloodstrums Gain a racial hit die 3d8, a base attack bonus of +1, and a base save bonus of +2 Fort, +2 Dex, +2 Will
- Chaostrums Gain skill bonuses of (6+int mod)x2 they also gain a +4 Jump, Balance, and Climb as well as add them to your class skill
- Blood Lust: If you pick Bloodstrums then you will gain this ability. Do to your evil craving, you tend to want to do one of three things, Mutilate your enemies, Consume your enemies, or Erase your enemies. Based on what type of the three cravings you pick will equate to certain natural attacks. If you Pick Mutilate you Gain a 2 Claw attacks that are 2d8 and a bite attack of 1d8. You prefer slashing and leaving the body unrecognizable. If you pick Consume you gain a bite attack of 2d8, and tail attack of 1d8. You prefer consuming your enemies limbs and scaring the enemies with your Hunger. If you pick Erase, then you will gain a Breath attack (the breath attack is based on an element. Also gain a immunity to that element) that has a cone of 60 f and does 3d8 damage (increases every other level by 1d8). You also gain a bite attack of 1d8. You prefer to leave nothing left of your enemies only the smell of the remains of what was the last scene. Roll a 1d3 to determine which one of these cravings you shall receive.
- Comrades in Arms: If you pick Chaostrums then you will gain this ability. Do to your good nature, you tend to help others in one of three ways. Heal your allies, Taunt thy enemies, Shield thy allies. Based on what type of craving to assist your teammates is based on what you shall gain as abilities. If you pick Heal, then you gain a Heal spell which is based on your character level for caster level. You gain Cure Light Wounds at level 1, Cure Moderate Wounds at level 6 and Cure Critical wounds at Level 12. You prefer to heal and assist then to see your allies suffer in pain. If you pick Taunt thy enemies, you may Punch the ground to gain the attention of your enemies (Try to mock them at the same time rp wise) they must make a save dc of wisdom (10 + HD + STR DC Save). This ability can only be used based on Con modifier per encounter. You prefer to lure the enemies away from your group so that your team can regroup and re-engage. If you pick Shield, then you can step in front of an ally if they are within 5 feet of you to block the enemies current attack (You do not provoke an attack of Opportunity when doing this). You also gain a +4 Ac for blocking this next attack. You prefer to be the meat shield to your group, or just love to make sure the enemy can't get to your back line.
- Chaostrums and BLoodstrums do not use any type of range weaponry (aside from the BLoodstrums natural attack).
- Chaostrums and BLoodstrums also have to get specific armor made do to there rather larger and multi-limbed body, increasing the armor cost by %75.
- Powerful Build: BLoodstrums and Chaostrums can wield a weapon that is one size larger.
- BLoodstrums and Chaostrums also gain a bonus feat, along with starting with the Toughness feat.
- Bloodstrums have issues with people around them, uncaring and arrogant they have a -4 to all charisma skill checks. They also have a penalty to there swim modifier as they hardly swim compared to there other making it take twice the rank it would normally take. However, they do gain a +2 to Search and Listen and are class skills.
- BLoodstrums also deem wielding a single-handed weapon as a sign of weakness. Do to this the race does not use single handed weapons or light weapons.
- Bloodstrums most eat fresh meat every 3 days, if they do not, they lose 10 stregth and con until they eat and rest for 2 days.
- Bloodstrums treasure hungry lifestyles have made them proficient at finding traps and concealed doors. Whenever near a trap or a concealed door of about 15 feet they must make a Search check as if actively searching for it.
- BLoodstrums and Chaostrums are weak to acid (If you have breath weapon you are no longer immune but take normal damage if you take acid) taking double damage.
- Automatic Languages: Dragonic and common Bonus Languages: Any except druid.
- Favored Class: Fighter/Warrior
- Level Adjustment: 0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|