Caster (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
Casters use an inborn ability their Casting. Sometimes they use their power for evil, and sometimes it is used for good, but they most often adventure to gain personal power.
Making a Caster
Casting as an artform is mainly an overwhelming offensive style. Their magic is a powerful force to consume the enemy or damage them bodily, but it is not as useful for defense.
Abilities: The Most important ability score for the Caster is Wisdom. Their personal knowledge and inner soul fuel their casting.
Races: Mostly Humans and Elves.
Alignment: Usually, but not restricted to neutral.
|Saving Throws||Special||Spells per Day|
Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The Caster is proficient with all light Armor, and can wear it with out an Arcane spell failure, as well as all simple weapons.
Spells (Su): A Caster casts arcane spells which are drawn primarily from the Caster spell list (detailed later on). He does not need to learn spells, as they are intuative.
To cast a spell, a sorcerer must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a caster’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the caster’s Wisdom modifier.
Like other spellcasters, a caster can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Caster. He does not recieve any bonus spells like other casters.
A caster’s selection of spells is extremely limited. A caster begins play knowing 1 0-level spell and 1 1st-level spell. At each new sorcerer level, he gains one more new spell, as indicated on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known. (Unlike spells per day, the number of spells a caster knows is not affected by his Wisdom score; the numbers on Table: Caster Spells Known are fixed.) These new spells can only be common spells chosen from the caster spell list.
Unlike a wizard or a cleric, a caster need not prepare his spells in advance. He can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he has not yet used up his spells per day for that spell level. He does not have to decide ahead of time which spells he’ll cast.
Bonus Feats: A caster gains a bonus feat every level.
Spell List: A caster gains one spell per caster level.
1. Power Hands: The caster uses his hands to emit raw power (one from each hand) that deal 1d4 damage each. This attack is close combat.
2. Power Blast: The caster shoots out a blast of raw power that deals 1d8 damage. This attack has a range of 5 ft.
3. Power Orb: The caster shoots out 2 orbs of raw power (one from each hand) that deal 1d6 damage each. This attack has a range of 10 ft.
4. Power Shot: The caster shoots out a concentrated blast of raw power that deals 1d12 damage. This attack has a range of 15 ft.
5. Power Line: The caster shoots out 2 lines of raw power (one from each hand) that deal 1d8 damage each. This attack has a range of 20 ft.
6. Power Ray: The caster shoots a single ray of raw power that deals 1d16 damage. This attack has a range of 25 ft.
7. Power Orb: The caster shoots out 2 discs of raw power (one from each hand) that deal 1d10 damage each. This attack has a range of 30 ft.
8. Power Orb: The caster shoots out a concentrated bolt of raw power that deals 1d20 damage. This attack has a range of 35 ft.
9. Power Orb: The caster shoots out circle of raw power around him (one half from each hand) that deals 1d12 damage each. This attack has a range of 40 ft.