Branded Soul (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
Branded Souls are individuals who have either voluntarily chosen to or have been forced inherit a elemental demons soul. When bonding the souls together their power is shared allowing the host to inherit the demons powers to a degree. cultivating power from the demon itself is a challenge to behold, furthermore those who do not gain control or earn the cooperation of the demon within are doomed to become demons themselves.
Additionally for added roleplay functionality you can have roll to find your demons element or allow your DM/GM to roll for it and allow you to discover it naturally through gameplay. You may also delegate control of your Demon to the DM/GM to add to it being another entity completely to enrich the class.
Chart for elemental rolls as follow
Creating a Branded Soul
- Quick Build
You can make a Branded Soul quickly by following these suggestions. First, Wisdom should be your highest ability score, followed by Constitution. Second, choose any background you'd like. Third, Branded souls fill fighter roles best.
As a Branded Soul you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Armor: All armors
Weapons: Simple and Martial Weapons
Saving Throws: Wisdom, and Constitution.
Skills: Choose two: Athletics, Acrobatics, Insight, Intimidation, Perception, and Survival.
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- (a) Chain mail or (b) chain shirt or (c) no armor
- (a) One martial weapon or (b) One simple Weapons
- (a) Explorers pack or (b) Dungeoneers pack
|3rd||+2||Soul Merge (Archetype)|
|4th||+2||Ability Score Improvement|
|6th||+3||Ability score improvement|
|8th||+3||Ability Score Improvement|
|11th||+4||Elemental strike (2)|
|12th||+4||Ability Score Improvement|
|13th||+5||Demon's Will (two uses)|
|14th||+5||Ability score improvement|
|16th||+5||Ability Score Improvement|
|17th||+6||Essence Siphon (two uses), Demon's Will (three uses)|
|19th||+6||Ability Score Improvement|
|20th||+6||Elemental strike (3)|
Ability Score Increase
When you reach 4th level, and again at 6th, 8th, 12th, 14th, 16th and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
Beginning at 1st level your demon is capable of manifesting itself physically as a figure made of its respective element or alternatively it can remain hidden to mortals an provide protection in the form of unseen armor, while unarmored your AC is set to 15 and take half damage from spells.
At 2nd level your demon can siphon the souls of freshly dead or living targets restoring a portion of your Hit Points (1d8 + your Constitution bonus) increasing to 2d6 at 4th level, 2d8 at 6th level, and 2d10 at 8th level. you will need to finish a long rest before being able to use this feature again.
At 5th level you gain the ability to either make an extra attack or augment your attacks with elemental damage based on your demons element for 1d4 (element), further increasing at 11th level to 1d8, and finally increasing at 20th level to 1d12. you will need to finish a short/long rest before being able to use this feature again.
At 9th level your demon creates a spectral armor around you lasing for 1d4 hours, it increasing your natural defense by 3 it further increases your combat abilities by increasing the range of your melee attacks to 10 feet and deals your weapons damage in elemental damage based on its element. you will need to finish a long rest before being able to use this feature again.
You give into the demons twisted will and gain honed elemental powers based on your demons element, you also gain a chaotic evil alignment.
- Augmented Elements
At 3rd level you gain the ability to augment your elemental powers based on your starting element.
- Fire:You gain the power of lightning, and can modify your attacks with elemental (lightning) damage.
- Wind:You are able to manipulate the winds around you for whatever use you need.
- Water:You gain the ability to use Ice, and can modify your attacks with elemental (Ice) damage.
- Earth:you gain the ability to manipulate metals, saving throws against your powers are DC Strength saving throw = 4 + your Proficiency bonus + your Wisdom bonus
- Demon Skin
At 7th level your skin becomes hard and malformed like that of a demon, your unarmored defense increases by two to 17, in addition you take a DC saving throw 9 + your Wisdom bonus against magic attacks to take half the damage failing the save causes normal damage.
- Demonic Limbs
At 10th level you can manifest demonic limbs, each limb only lasts for one action and each limb can be used once. you will need to finish a short/long rest before being able to use this feature again
- Arm:You can make a grapple action with advantage.
- Wings:Your movement increases to 45 feet and you are able to move 20 feet upwards.
- Tail:You can use a tail to knock an opponent prone, or use it to gain an extra attack action with a 1d10 damage profile.
- Eyes:You gain dark vision for 60ft for the duration.
- Abyssal Fury
At 15th level you gain the use of a breath weapon with your demons elemental alignment. You will need to finish a long rest before being able to use this feature again
- Profile: Damage ((4d8) elemental damage) Range (0/40 feet) Single use.
- Unstoppable Panic
At 15th level your demon fears humans and creatures up to two sizes bigger than you, these creatures must save with a 8 + Wisdom bonus + Constitution bonus.
- Abyssal Metamorphasis
At 18th level you are fused fully with your demon, being the dominant force within you the demon can transform you for 2d8 hours into a true demon. you have the profiles for all demonic limbs plus augmented versions of them.
- Arm:the grapple range is increased to 45 feet and can grapple creatures one size larger than you.
- Wings:Your movement increases to 60 feet and you are able to move 40 feet upwards additionally they are counted as having a shield.
- Tail:You can use a tail to knock an opponent prone, and it can be used to gain an extra attack action with a 2d10 damage profile, it also gains the ability to hold an additional weapon.
- Eyes:You gain dark vision for 90ft for the duration, and you can see through magical illusions for sight.
additionally you gain the ability to fire an elemental missle attack with the following profile
- Profile: Damage ((2d8) elemental damage) Range (0/120 feet) uses= player level divided by 2.
You have quelled the inner turmoil that keeps your soul from resting, the demon and you are one and gain abilities based on your new found cooperation. This does not inherently make the demon less chaotic, it merely values the survival of you and yourself higher than anyone or anything else.
- Elemental Tranquility
At 3rd level you gain more utility oriented functions to your elemental powers
- Fire:You can use your inner fire to heal wounds on target healing 1d6 hit points, this further increases to 2d6 at 6th level, then 3d6 at 9th level, finally at 9th level you can heal 6d6 hit points back on target.
- Water:You gain the ability to breathe underwater, and can now move 40 feet in water.
- Wind:You can now move 40 feet for movement and can jump up to 30 feet straight up, you also take half falling damage.
- Earth:You gain the ability to use the earth as a shield completely blocking ranged attacks in certain directions. You have your player level + your proficiency bonus for calculating charges.
- Unrelenting Protector
At 7th level your demon now wishes to protect you at all costs increasing your AC by two (17 total at this point).
- Threatening Presence
At 10th level your presence on the battlefield draws the attention of most into trying to take you down quickly, all creatures one size bigger than you must take a DC saving thrown of 6 + wisdom bonus + intelligence bonus. you will need to finish a short/long rest before being able to use this feature again
- Inspiring Will
At 15th level your will inspires your allies in your party giving them advantage on their next attack, and increasing their AC by 2 for 1d4 hours as long as you remain at 50% or higher hit points. you will need to finish a long rest before being able to use this feature again.
- Yin and Yang
At 18th level your attacks gain elemental damage based on your demons element with the following profile
- Damage: ((2d10) elemental damage).
you can also heal up to 4 targets for 1d10 + player level + wisdom bonus + constitution bonus hit points.
Prerequisites. To qualify for multiclassing into Branded Soul class, you must meet these prerequisites: You must under go the soul merge ritual.
Proficiencies. When you multiclass into a Branded Soul class, you gain the following proficiencies: Simple and Martial weapons