Bofro (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Bofro are semi-intelligent creatures who often possess a certain animalistic cunning. They are, however, widely considered un-educatable, due as much to their odor as their intellect. They are, however, a kind and curious people, who greatly enjoy outsiders. They are gregarious and welcoming, and virtually never attack people.
Bofro are between 2' and 3'6" tall, and are typically 30-50 lbs. Their fur is black with white markings, typically on their back and belly. They have dark eyes and skin.
Bofro themselves are friendly, and would love to live among other races. However, their inability to use proper Common and their stench make them generally unwelcome among outsiders. They are often treated as vermin, especially in those urban environments where they have taken up residence in small tribes living in the sewers or in garbage dumps.
Bofro are native to cold temperate forests, but are adaptable to most environments.
Bofro worship Modroben as well as many of the major gods worshiped by other people.
Bofro have their own chirp-like language, and are capable of understanding Common or other tongues with a great deal of coaching. However, anatomical limitations make it impossible for bofro to speak any language but their own clearly.
- +4 Dexterity, -4 Intelligence, -4 Wisdom: Rainids are renowned for their speed and climbing ability, as well as their primitive reason and intellect.
- Humanoid (Skunk-like): While there are tribes and clans of bofro, there are no recognized subraces.
- Small: As a Small creature, a bofro gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Bofro base land speed is 40 feet: Bofro are adept at climbing and jumping through trees, and can do so in dense forests at a speed of 30 feet.
- Skunk Spray (Ex).: Bofro can spray up to three times per day. Anyone within 30' must make a Fortitude save (DC 16) or become nauseated until spending several rounds moving out of the afflicted area. Clothing or people soiled with bofro spray will continue to have a sicking effect for days and a huge stench without magic or extremely powerful cleansing agents (which can be made in forests with Knowledge (Herbalism) DC 22).
- Automatic Languages: Bofro. Bonus Languages: Common, Elf.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||50 years||65 years||+4d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||1' 6"||+2d12 inches||27 lb.||× 2d12 lb.|
|Female||1' 4"||+2d12 inches||22 lb.||+ 2d12 lb.|