Berserkrün (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
|“||The runes come from the Skalds of northern Caurdya, the magic from ancient Ghara. Together, they form a uniquely Kallatine art form. Our family descends from those who blended the magic, and we keep the history.||”|
|—Matias Vanjen, human scholar, Epic of the Reapers|
Berserkirün are a famed group of warriors in Kallaten who use runic tattoos and destructive rages in concert to achieve a controlled state of power and toughness. Similar to the Berserkir of far northern Caurdya, the Berserkirün possess the capacity for intense rage and destruction. Unlike their Caurdyan parents, however, Berserkirün use magic runes tattooed on their skin to control their rage and maintain mental capacities to a certain extent.
Becoming a Berserkrün
|Abilities:||At least 14 Intelligence.|
|Base Attack Bonus:||+7|
|Skills:||Craft (tattoo) 10, Knowledge (runes) 5.|
|Feats:||Power Attack, Wild Talent.|
|Special:||Must be literate, and cannot gain illiteracy from any class||Must speak the Kallaten Dialect of Common (If in Paramýth Campaign.)|
|1st||+1||+2||+0||+0||Runic Stance 1/day, Tattoo, Runic Tattoo (Minor)|
|2nd||+2||+3||+0||+0||Runic Stance 2/day, Tattoo|
|4th||+4||+4||+1||+1||Runic Stance 3/day, Tattoo|
|5th||+5||+4||+1||+1||Runic Stance 4/day, Tattoo,, Runic Tattoo (Major)|
|6th||+6/+1||+5||+2||+2||Runic Stance 5/day, Tattoo|
|8th||+8/+3||+6||+2||+2||Runic Stance 6/day, Tattoo, Tireless Stance|
|9th||+9/+4||+6||+3||+3||Runic Stance 7/day, Tattoo|
|10th||+10/+5||+7||+3||+3||Runic Stance 8/day, Tattoo, Runic Tattoo (Master)|
Class Skills ( + Int modifier per level)
All of the following are class features of the Berserkrün.
Runic Stance (Ex): A Berserkrün can activate his runes to enter a rage a certain number of times per day. In a rage, a Berserkrün temporarily gains a +2 bonus to Strength, a +2 bonus to Constitution, and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but he takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class. The increase in Constitution increases the Berserkrün’s hit points by 1 point per level, but these hit points go away at the end of the rage when his Constitution score drops back to normal. (These extra hit points are not lost first the way temporary hit points are.) While raging, a Berserkrün cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. He can use any feat he has except item creation feats and metamagic feats. A rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s (newly improved) Constitution modifier. A Berserkrün may prematurely end his rage. At the end of the rage, the Berserkrün loses the rage modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued (–2 penalty to Strength, –2 penalty to Dexterity, can’t charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter (unless he is a 8th-level Berserkrün , at which point this limitation no longer applies; see below).
A Berserkrün can fly into a rage only once per encounter. At 1st level he can use his rage ability once per day. Every level thereafter except for 3rd and 7th, he can use it one additional time per day (to a maximum of eight times per day at 10th level). Entering a rage takes no time itself, but a Berserkrün can do it only during his action, not in response to someone else’s action.
Runic Tattoo (Ex): A Berserkrün begins to tattoo himself with Skaldic Runes, enhancing his runic stance drastically. These tattoos snake around his body, and begin to glow through his clothing, if any, when he enters a Runic Stance. Each tattoo adds an additional effect to the Stance. There are three kinds of Tattoos: Minor, Major, and Master. At each level, the Berserkrün gains an additional tattoo. The following are the options for tattoos.
- þ Ash - +2 Strength
- ᚨ Oak - +2 Constitution
- ᚲ Willow - Uncanny Dodge
- ᛇ Hickory - DR 2/-
- ᚱ Aspen - Base Movement Speed +10 ft
- ᛝ Poplar- One additional attack per round at highest base attack bonus.
- ᛋ Sycamore - +1d6 damage and +1 to hit when attacking a foe for the first time in a turn.
- ᛉ Hemlock - +1d6 damage and +1 to hit when attacking a foe who did not attempt to attack you on the previous turn (if that turn was a combat turn).
- þᚷ Envy - +2 Strength
- ᚨᚷ Pride - +2 Constitution
- ᚲᚷ Avarice - Uncanny Dodge or Improved Uncanny Dodge
- ᚻ Wrath - Improved Power Attack. A Berserkrün gains a +3 bonus on his melee damage rolls for every –2 penalty he takes on his melee attack rolls when using the Power Attack feat (or +3 for every –1 penalty if wielding a two-handed weapon other than a double weapon). This benefit does not stack with the normal effects of Power Attack.
- ᛇᚷ Sloth - DR 3/-
- ᛃ Gluttony - Fast Healing 3
- ᛖ Lust - May move up to 15 feet during a Full Attack as long as all 15ft are in a strait line.
- þᚨᚹ Earth - +2 Strength and +2 Constitution
- ᛇᚹ Water - DR 5/-
- ᚱᛖᚹ Air - Base Movement Speed +5 ft, and may move an additional 10 feet during a Full Attack as long as all movement is in a strait line.
- ᛋᛉᚹ Fire - +1d6 damage and +1 to hit when attacking a foe for the first time in a turn and when attacking a foe who did not attempt to attack you on the previous turn (if that turn was a combat turn).
: See the archmage's "High Arcana" for an example: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Archmage#High_Arcana-->}} .
Bonus Feats: .
The epic gains a bonus feat (selected from the list of epic feats) every levels after .
Epic Bonus Feat List: -->
Playing a Berserkrün
Berserkirün in the World
Characters with ranks in can research to learn more about them. When a character makes a skill check, read or paraphrase the following, including information from lower DCs.
Berserkirün in the Game