Battle Medic, Variant (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Battle Medic (Variant)
Battle Medics represent people with arcane talent and focus their energies on learning healing and medicine. Where Clerics receive their healing abilities from their deities, Battle Medics draw on arcane energy to mend injuries. To fund their studies they would offer their services as mercenaries. Battle Medics have their spells drilled into them as much as the use of a sword and board. While they know less spells than their wizard compatriots they can stand at the front of any group alongside the warriors.
|—Spell Slots per Spell Level—|
When you reach 3rd level, you augment your martial prowess with the ability to cast spells.
- Cantrips. You learn three cantrips of your choice from the cleric spell list. You learn an additional cleric cantrip of your choice at 10th level.
- Spell Slots. The Battle Medic Spellcasting table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.
- Spells Known of 1st-Level and Higher. You know two 1st-level cleric spells of your choice.
- The Spells Known column of the Battle Medic Spellcasting table shows when you learn more cleric spells of 1st level or higher.
- Whenever you gain a level in this class, you can replace one of the cleric spells you know with another spell of your choice from the sorcerer spell list. The new spell must be of a level for which you have spell slots.
- Spellcasting Ability. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for your cleric spells, since you learn your cleric spells through dedicated study and memorization. You use your Intelligence whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Intelligence modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a sorcerer spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.
- Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier
- Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier
Spellcasting Focus You use an arcane focus or your shield as a spellcasting focus for your spells.
- Medical Training
Your extensive medical training has made you a more effective healer. Whenever you use a spell of 1st level or higher to restore hit points to a creature, the creature regains additional hit points equal to 2+ the spell's level. You also gain proficiency in the Medicine Skill and can add your Intelligence modifier to it when rolling a skill check to heal or stabilize a creature.
- Mending Sinews
Starting at 3rd level you can channel your arcane energy and heal badly wounded allies. As an action you channel your arcane energy from your body. Faint prismatic ribbons emanate from you mending the wounds of those you choose. You can restore a number of hit points equal to five times the spell slot level being expended. Choose any creatures within 30 feet of you and divide those hit points among them. This feature can restore a creature to no more than half its hit point maximum. This has no effect on undead or constructs. (This doesn't count as a spell for Hardened Medic)
- Hardened Medic
Through healing others with your arcane energy you have learned to tap into their arcane reservoir and use some arcane energy to mend your injuries. Beginning at 7th level, the healing spells you cast on others heal you as well. When you cast a spell of 1st level or higher that restores hit points to a creature other than you, you regain hit points equal to 2+ the spell's level.
- Arcane War Strike
Your control of arcane energy and battle instincts allow you to imbue your strikes with arcane energy.
At 10th level you gain the ability to infuse your weapon with arcane energy. When you use your action to cast a cantrip, you can make one weapon attack as a bonus action. When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can cause the attack to deal an extra radiant damage equal to your spell casting modifier. At 18th level when you use your action to cast a spell, this extra damage increases to 1d8 + your spell casting modifier.
- Frontline Medic
Starting at 15th level, you channel your energy directly into the environment in order to push your allies to victory.
You create a burst of massive arcane energy covering a 30 ft square. Any friendly creatures in this area gain 20 temporary hit points or an adverse conditions (disease, poison, etc.) is removed. This ability can only be used once per short rest.
You willingly place yourself in harms way to come to the aid of an ally. If an ally drops to 0 hit points or is rendered unconscious within 60 ft of you, you (as a reaction) make move up to twice your speed to reach their location during which attacks of opportunity are at disadvantage. You restore them to full hit points by channeling immense amounts of energy into them. This energy wraps around them granting them the benefits of a Warding Bond. Using the ability exhausts you (level 2) due to the intense amount of energy. This can only be used once per long rest.
Your training has pushed your mental and physical limits to new level and your control of arcane healing reaches a new pinnacle. At 18th level when you would normally roll one or more dice to restore hit points with a spell, you instead use the highest number possible for each die.