Automaton Crafter (5e Feat)
From D&D Wiki
Prerequisites: Proficiency in smith's tools
You have learned how to craft mechanical versions of living creatures.
- You may craft an automaton of a beast with a CR equal to half your character level(minimum of one).
- To craft an automaton, you must spend the necessary gold and time each day needed to craft it. 8 hours of work on the automaton each day counts as a full day of work and anything beyond that may cause you to make mistakes or be fatigued. You can craft an automaton at a rate of 100 gp times your character level per day. See the table below for the costs of creating an automaton.
- Only you can control the automatons you create and you can only control one at a time.
- The crafted automaton has all the ability scores, senses, actions, and hit points of the copied creature, but does not keep its legendary actions and its creature type is changed to construct type instead of their regular creature type.
- You can heal your automaton through repairing it with the proper materials. To heal a automaton, you must spend one spend 1 hour repairing it. You can heal the automaton for any of hit points, but its hit points can not go over its hit point maximum. Each lost hit point that is healed costs 2 gold per CR of the automaton.
- The automaton follows you, will protect you without command, and it rolls its own initiative. You may speak to the automaton on each of your turns to instruct the automaton on what to do on its turn.