Ashanai (4e Paragon Path)
From D&D Wiki
Ashanai, Blessed of Ashid
|“||There is no place among the stars where you can hide from me; your darkness is feeble before my light, and I will burn away your every prospect for escape.||”|
Prerequisite: You must be an Agent of Ashid (Five Towers Supplement)
Ashid is the embodiment of justified vengeance, the sacred sun above, and the impartial arbiter; his followers and devotees exalt such qualities, taking his ideals to the greatest and most fanatical of extremes. Only the strongest, most loyal of his agents are to be rewarded, whereas those who fail meet with unrelenting punishment within his searing domain, tormented by flame and light beyond imagining. To those who do earn his favor, Ashid appropriates more of his expansive power in the form of direct solar intervention, abilities and feats well beyond those often wielded by even the most mighty of mortals, but equally expects their devotion furthered; all must answer to justice, no matter the crime.
You, as an agent of Ashid, are an implement of his will and act as a weapon against all of which is unjust, no matter its source.
Ashanai Path Features
- Swathe of Searing Vengeance (11th Level):
- Whenever you use a power and deal damage to an enemy who has struck you in this Encounter, you cause searing justice to all enemies within burst 3 of the target, striking them for Radiant or Fire damage equal to your Wisdom or Strength modifier; the damage dealt by your Swathe of Searing Vengeance can only occur once per target, per round. As a Free Action, you may set your wielded weapon into a shimmering glow of light, causing its damage to become Radiant; while it is in this state, it provides daylight of strength equal to the midday sun within burst 1 of you. Whenever you take Radiant damage or are struck by an ability which contains the Radiant keyword, you regain hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.
- Blinding Radiance (11th Level):
- Upon expending an action point, all enemy creatures within burst 1 of you are blinded and dazed until the start of your next turn in a burst of scalding light. In addition, any level of darkness within your burst is temporarily returned to daylight of strength equal to midday until the start of your next turn, revealing any creatures which were utilizing that darkness to hide, allowing you to ignore any concealment they had.
- Sweltering Aura (16th Level):
- Hostile creatures which have attacked you in this Encounter and begin their turn within burst 3 of you take a -2 penalty to all of their defenses until the end of their next turn, and take 5 Radiant or Fire damage upon dealing melee damage to you.