Arachnia (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Arachnia tend to be quite selfish. They prefer to help themselves more than others, yet will help if necessary. They are rude towards others, but can be very loyal to those who help them. They dislike the law, because it prevents them from living their own life as they wish. They feel more comfortable with upper society and prefer pristine items, and can seem uptight to some.
Arachnia are about 6-7 feet tall on average, and loom above many other races, this is for an intimidation effect. They have six arms and two legs, along with eight eyes. Due to the number of limbs, they can wield, for example, 3 two-handed weapons. They usually have light-purple, pink or brown skin, but can also be covered with a light film of silk depending on the species. They can have hair, but it's uncommon on the silk-covered ones. They prefer to dress well, and will often need a special tailor or blacksmith for their clothing and armour. They can also crawl on all fours and have sharp teeth, this includes two particularly large fangs that cannot fit entirely inside the mouth.
Any bug-like races, the Arachnia will attempt to tease and consume without thought for the creatures themselves. They are also equally disdainful towards Avians, Kitsunes, and other bird/dog-like races. They are not commonly liked, and many find them repulsive.
Always Chaotic. Good and Evil are optional.
Arachnia have no preference.
They worship the deity Lolth, or, alternately, Arachine.
They know Common and Arachnic at the start of their life.
They are named by their parents for whatever they wish to be named, but are always civilized and upper-class names.
- +4 Dexterity, −6 Constitution : Although they are very dexterous, their caprice like coating is extremely weak.
- Humanoid (Arachnid): An odd mix between a human and a spider.
- Medium: None
- Arachnia base land speed is 40 feet: 20 feet when on walls or ceilings.
- Intimidating Height: An Arachnia gets +2 on intimidation checks on creatures smaller than them.
- Darkvision: An Arachnia can see up to 60ft in natural darkness with no color.
- Poison Practiced: Immune to poisons with a DC 15 or below.
- Poisonous Bite (Ex): Arachnia have a natural bite attack that deals 1d4 + paralysis poison (Fort save) or Acid (1d8 Fort save)
- Stick to Surface (Ex): An Arachnia can stick to any surface with the palms of their hands or the soles of their feet, and as such can climb walls and ceilings with them.
- Web Spinner (Ex): An Arachnia can spin a web and use it to tangle up others by placing it between to structure of maximum 10ft apart. If they don't roll a saving throw vs DC 10 + Dexterity bonus they are traped unless a str 20 cheak or ex cape artiest 20 are rolled.
- Blood Sucker (Ex): After feeding on the blood of a creature or feeding on an insectoid, all their rolls are +2 for 5 turns.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Arachnic. Bonus Languages: Elven, Draconic, Abyssal, Avian, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Rogue or Ranger.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||85 years||95 years||+120 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 8"||+2||160 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||7' 5"||+2||175 lb.||× (1) lb.|