Zynoble (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Zynoble tend to stay apart from other races, and shy away from becoming close to anyone. This is because Zynoble are thought to be masters of many martial arts, and are often sought after to become teachers, or hunted to force them to divulge the secrets of their arts. However, Zynoble once befriended are open, and willing to discuss their theories on martial arts and often form a blood-pact with those they consider close, becoming blood-brethren. Each day the Zynoble practice their martial arts, train their mind, and focus their energies on perfecting their art.
Zynoble are human in almost every respect, except for their rock encrusted skin that can only be seen if one looks close enough. The rocks can be any earthen color, from light or dark gray, to light or dark brown or sandy white or tan, these rocks always match their skin color as well. Zynoble generally are slightly larger then humans, and heavier, however, their builds can be quite varied. They roughly weigh almost twice that of a human of similar size and stature. Their height is the same of a humans generally.
Zynoble avoid interaction with other races unless necessary, often only to trade for goods, or information. However, when a Zynoble is befriended, often the befriender is given a mark on the back of their palm that signifies their relation with a Zynoble. Each mark is different for each Zynoble, however any other Zynoble can instantly tell whether or not a mark is valid.
Zynoble can be any alignment, as their motives for learning and progressing in the martial arts of their choice are varied and many.
Zynoble have a single city where they often come and discuss with their family and friends about what they have learned in their travels, any new discoveries in martial arts, and their adventures in general. Zynoble prefer to be outside to inside, especially if there are a lot of people they don't know, or distrust. They enjoy all sorts of terrain, as they believe in training in any conditions. However, Zynoble often avoid water as their rock encrusted skin makes it hard to stay afloat.
Zynoble often do not worship a deity. However, some do worship deities of war and weapons, of learning, and other military pursuits.
Common, and Zy a sign language only taught to Zynoble and any Blood-brethren.
First names generally start with Zy, or Zyn, while last names are based on their martial art. IE: Zyntax Berserker may be a name.
- +4 Constitution, -2 Charisma -2 Dexterity. Due to the rock-like substance in their skin their constitution and toughness is vastly increased However, their natural dislike for other races have them avoiding interaction with anyone and their rocky skin makes it hard to manipulate objects.
- Medium: No Bonuses, or Penalties.
- Zynoble base land speed is 30 feet.
- Due to the nature of Zynoble's studies(Martial Arts), they gain the feat Weapon Focus to a single weapon of their choice.
- Zynoble are proficient with whatever weapon they choose weapon focus with.
- Zynoble are skilled at meditation and gain a +4 to concentration checks.
- Zynoble's skin are littered with a rocky-like substance and grant them a natural armor of 2.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Zy. Bonus Languages: Any non-special IE: Druidic, Thieves' Cant.
- Favored Class: Fighter/Monk/Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: 0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||90 years||120 years||+30 years|