Zealothian (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Zealothians or Zealots for short are a rather friendly race of humanoids. Zealots live in groups of 30 or less wherever they may find all the necessary needs of survival. Though They do tend to mostly be found around more wilderness type areas they can be found in the city as well.Each Zealothian in a villa has a purpose to the group from hunter to teacher to gravedigger. Their purpose is not stamped onto them though, they can be a teacher one day then the next there may be a calling for hunters and may need to take up a bow and gather food within the same day.Elder Zealots have learned what they are best at in the group and are the only ones in the group who may choose what to be and what not for the good of the group.Zealots age much slower then humans and reach adulthood around 40 human years and can live for close to 500years, but this comes at a price. Nature has given them longer life but the birthrate of zealots is very low. Fertility is not as much an issue as survival. Zealothian woman are pregnant for almost a year and give birth to 1-3 children through their life. Devotion twords their children and the loss of their racial traits through breeding with other races has made zealots a dieing breed.Zealots are born fighters trained to take down as many foes before they drop as they can but at the same time taught that fighting requires a purpose. Fighting for the sake of fighting is forbidden.
Zealots stand anywhere from 5'-7'11" and for most purposes cannot be told apart from humans in physical appearance.Zealots skin color varies with the areas in which they live, but normal stays around pale to dark tanned. Their hair is always metallic, while the eyes are one of the few tall tell signs of their bloodline. A Zealots eyes have a Silver pupil instead of black.
Zealots can befriend almost any race other then chaotic evil races. Zealot elders sometimes choose others or themselves of the group to be loaned out to other races as teachers or warriors normally for a payment of forming an alliance or simply to show friendship twords the other race.This however does not make them weak as Zealots are born fighters and ready to wage war to protect their kind at a moments notice.
Any but Evil.
Anywhere survival is possible
Zealots worship all forms of gods.
Common,Zealothian (only known to Zealots)
Zealot names differ from clan to clan and even from region to region and normally are similar in tone and structure to other nearby races names but will always have a title within the name normally influenced by Nature in someway.Examples- Alissa IronMoon, Dresdell Spiritcalmer,Zul Hawkeye
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Strength,−2 Intellegence
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Zealot's have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Zealothian base land speed is 30
- Darkvision: Zealothians can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and Zealothians can function just fine with no light at all.
- Zealot's Strength (Ex) A Zealothian is considered to be Large for the purpose of any size dependent roll you make (Such as Bull Rush,Overrun,or Lift Action)And may wield large weapons as if they where large themselves.
- Zealot's Skill (Ex) A Zealothian may treat any weapon as a light weapon for he purposes of the feat Weapon Finesse.
- Zealot's Energy - A Zealothian does not sleep, and as thus is immune to sleep and sleeplike effects.
- Survivability (Ex): A Zealot is treated as having Enduring Elements at all times
- Automatic Languages: Common and Zealothian Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any combat oriented class (Barbarian, Fighter, etc) (must choose at character creation)
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|250years||350 years||425 years||+500 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4'10 "||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||4'10 "||+2d10||90 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|