Xerlasi (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|Date Adopted:||21 August 2008|
|Status:||Ready for Playtesting|
Xerlasi are pleasant, if distant and uncaring to be around. They tend to keep to themselves and eye things quizzically.
 Physical Description
Xerlasi look like skinks walking around on their hind legs. Their colorful tails dragging on the ground behind them and their thin and wriggly bodies weave and bob as they walk. Xerlasi stand around 4 feet tall and weigh around 40 pounds. Their smooth silky scales range in color from earth tones to bright blues and reds in some places depending on their tribe. Their tails are almost always a different color and their bellies are often a dullish gray. Xerlasi eyes are typically bright yellow.
Xerlasi typically don't bother much with other cultures, trading goods only when they need to and keeping to themselves. They are open and willing to trade with whoever gives them the best deal.
Xerlasi are usually neutral.
Xerlasi cultivate forests, planting the seeds of fruits and nuts and tending to the saplings so that they will grow strong and healthy, providing their people with years of food. They feed off the fruits, as well as those things that would else-wise steal their crop, such as small birds, monkeys, large insects and anything else they can sneak up on and catch. They also take to harvesting herbs, mosses and lichens for medicinal purposes, often trading these things to apothecaries and medicine men in neighboring lands for their salves, balms, teas and other concoctions.
Xerlasi worship nature deities.
Xerlasi speak Common and their own language, Xerlasin. Some also learn to speak Sylvan.
Xerlasi choose names based on important cultural values and concepts, in order to instill their young with a sense of purpose.
Male Names: Aghaskx, Alc, Krix Rics, Ledz, Pek Stik, Slii, Ske Elios, Tar Tock, Verr Kentk, Xerlos, Zepkin
Female Names: Bitaal, Elp Linn, Fel Nilia, Grek Tinna, Kemka, Kraa, Kwi En, Ri Len, Skiikt, Sissis
Surnames: Aziigz, Bii Tnaa, Eliz Betx, Kchitna, Mrii Swith, Tar, Vli Grskee, Xills
 Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution: Xerlasi are frail, but quick, at least when it's warm.
- HumanoidHumanoid (ReptilianReptilian)
- SmallSmall: As a Small creature, a xerlasi gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Xerlasi base land speed is 20 feet.
- Dash (Ex): Xerlasi gain the Run feat. The Tumble skill is always treated as a class skill. In addition, they gain a +4 racial bonus on Tumble skill checks.
- Resist Wounding (Ex): A xerlasi has a natural ability to shrug off wounding damage with muscular action that closes off wounds, preventing bleeding. A wounding weapon fails to deal its wounding damage, unless that strike is a critical hit.
- Cold Blooded (Ex): Whenever a Xerlasi fails a Fortitude save against the effects of cold magic or weather, he becomes slowed as the spell. He moves and attacks at a drastically slowed rate. He may take only a single move action or standard action each turn, but not both (nor may he take full-round actions). Additionally, he takes a –1 penalty on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves. He moves at half his normal speed (round down to the next 5-foot increment), which affects his jumping distance as normal for decreased speed. He may overcome this penalty by receiving at least 1 point of magical healing or spending 1d4 minutes in a temperate environment.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Xerlasin. Bonus Languages: Any non-secret.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass xerlasi's rogue class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Base Effective Character Level: 1st.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||50 years||65 years||+1d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 0"||+2d4||40 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 2"||+2d4||45 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|