Xeren (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Though elven in origin, life in urbanized areas has brought forth a new creature, the Xeren. Xeren are on average not as strong as their ancestors, but are more sly. They enjoy fiddling with devices and are fantastic with interpersonal relations. Their abilities have brought them into high positions of power and prestige among the human and elven societies in which they dwell.
Xeren average about 5 feet in hieght. They have a slight build, even more so than elves or humans. Their skin is usually of fair coloration, rarely tanned from work outdoors. Xeren have long finger and walk gracefully, accounting for their increased dexterity. Xeren are drawn to darker, more simple colors and textures in their fabrics.
Xeren do not congregate together, usually appealing to a more mixed area. They feel at home in human cities, where men are the figureheads, but Xeren run the scene beneath the gilded appearance of power the human holds. Xeren tend toward a life of crime and villainy fairly easy, so, often times they will gravitate toward more corrupt areas in cities. Elves and Xeren will only occupy the same areas unless in times of dire emergency.
Good elves and humans look down upon the often evil Xeren. Elves will not even associate with their evil brothers, much in the same way that they reject the Drow. This collapse of relations is so strong, that Xeren are repulsed at the mention of their elven passed. Orcs and evil humans revere the cunning of the Xeren and may work together if need be. Most humanoids, excluding evil ones, will generally be very weary of the Xeren; however, their abilities of persuasion often counteract this.
- −2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution, +2 Charisma:
- Humanoid (Elf):
- Medium: As Medium creatures, xeren have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Xeren base land speed is 30 feet:
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks.
- Affluence: Xeren gain Bluff, Diplomacy and Speak Language as class skills regardless of class.
- Partial Low-Light Vision: A xeren can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They do not retain the ability to distinguish color under these conditions.
- Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, a xeren is considered an elf.
- Alignment: often chaotic evil
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|110 years||165 years||220 years||+2d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4'5||+2d8||95 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4'0"||+2d6||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|