X (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Kored Noble
- 1.1 Personality
- 1.2 Physical Description
- 1.3 Relations
- 1.4 Alignment
- 1.5 Lands
- 1.6 Religion
- 1.7 Language
- 1.8 Names
- 1.9 Racial Traits
- 1.10 Vital Statistics
- The aristocratic breed of the human nobility in the Korad kingdom.
- The nobles are one of five human races in this gothic kingdom of all humanity.
- Varies greatly. Nobles can be stoic or emotional,
most exhibit both states.
- Most are witty with remarks and more confident than healthy.
- Nobles generally appear self-controlled
- but can still project a great deal of vitality.
- All humans of noble breed, are pale or pink skinned.
- Blonde, brunette, dark haired.
- Natural Red hair is considered sinful.
- The nobles are the most beautiful breed, the most athletic
- and the strongest, being much better fed and trained,
- nobles are taller and stronger than the peasant stock.
The nobles are genocidal and xenophobic towards all other races.
- Whether good or evil or beyond, nobles have honor.
- Though a noble is not as devoted to this code before being trained as a knight.
- Their honor is a large part of both their skill and character.
- Generally, they're all about stoicism and control,
- nobles are supposed to have vigilance, austerity, prudence, sincerity, industrious, resolve, diligence etc,
- The softer side of privileges is that encouraged to be frank, witty, merciful, liberal and
- have sense of integrity.
- The knightly kingdom of Kored.
- Cities are despised, countrysides are preferable.
Monotheism, either Zarus, Titan or Cyric. That are seen as the progenitors of the noble houses.
- Nobles speak Kored, which is spoken by most of the noble families
and the cities.
- ,+2 Wisdom, −2 Charisma,−2 Intelligence
- Nobles are wise in the ways of rulership and tradition,
- but brutish and simple.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Human base land speed is 30 feet.
- Automatic Language: Kored. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
- Favored Class: Fighter, Knight or Paladin.
- Level Adjustment: 0-8
Starting Serfs: 2d8×10 serfs. average starting serfs: 90 serfs).
|1st||+1||+0||+0||+0||Faith,Background Feat, Background Feat|
Class Skills (2 + Intelligence modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Simple weapons and light armor.
Diplomat: +Str con: Damage reduction: Negate-2 char: Aristocrat:
- Some are refined aristocrats, but most do not follow this path.
- At fifth level, the noble become one of the few
- who has access to education and culture
- and one of the even fewer shows interest.
- He is only a dabbler in many things
but he can afford to know less mundane
- things than some peasantborn jack of all trades.
From the fith level the noble gets 4 extra skill points per level in this class and its class skills.
- The Noble can take any background feat representing his story
- and his life.
- The Background Feat must be any one listed below.
SOCIAL SCOURGE You are the master of the subtle put-down. With a few words,you can leave a rival sputtering and flushed with embarrassment, and onlookers amused by your cutting words. Prerequisites: Cha 13+, + ranks in Bluff skill or 4+ ranks in Diplomacy skill. Benefit: When someone attempts a Diplomacy check in your presence, you may use this feat to impose a -6 morale penalty to that check. To inflict the penalty, you must win an opposed Diplomacy check with your opponent. However, you need not be the target of the original check to use this feat.
BORN TO RIDE [ You are a natural rider. Prerequisites: Handle Animal skill, Ride skill. Benefit: You ignore the penalties to your Ride checks for riding a creature type different from the one on which you are trained to ride. Normal: A character suffers a -2 penalty to Ride checks when riding a different creature and a -5 penalty to Ride checks when riding a different creature from the type for which he chose his ranks.
BORN TO THE SADDLE Prerequisite: Ride skill. Benefit: You gain a +2 competence bonuswith all Ride checks and gain the benefits of the Endurance feat for any Ride checks extended over a period of time. Special: This feat can only be chosen at 1st level. A character can never have more than one 1st level bloodgift.
GENTRY You were born to a wealthier upper class. Benefit: Diplomacy and Ride are considered class skills and your starting wealth is 250 gp in addition to the starting wealth for your class. You begin play knowing one additional language of your choice. Special: This feat can only be chosen at 1st level.
WEALTH You come from a wealthy background. Benefit: You begin play with 750 gp in addition to the starting gold for your character class. Normal: A character without this feat begins play with gp based on his class. Special: This feat can only be chosen at 1st level.
THE ART OF WAR As a follower of the god of war, you are an excellent commander and a powerful leader. Prerequisites: Str 13+, divine spellcaster level 9th+, must have access to the War domain. Benefit: You gain 6 ranks in Profession (military commander) skill. This skill is used to earn a living as a professional military officer. In addition your Leadership Score is increased by 3.
ATTRACTIVE APPEARANCE You are physically more appealing that the average person. Prerequisites: Cha 13+. Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to all Bluff checks, Diplomacy checks, and Gather Information checks.
BORN TO RIDE You are a natural rider. Prerequisites: Handle Animal skill, Ride skill. Benefit: You ignore the penalties to your Ride checks for riding a creature type different from the one on which you are trained to ride. Normal: A character suffers a -2 penalty to Ride checks when riding a different creature and a -5 penalty to Ride checks when riding a different creature from the type for which he chose his ranks.
STOIC You rarely show emotion, concealing your true feelings from others. You can hide your true intentions well. Prerequisite: Wis 13+. Benefit: You gain a +3 circumstance bonus on Bluff checks when others try to read your reactions or emotions. This bonus applies only when another initiates a Sense Motive check against you. You also get +1 circumstance bonus on Diplomacy checks made to influence the reactions of dwarves and other individuals who dislike emotional exuberance. Lastly, you gain a +1 bonus to will saves involving mind-affecting spells or spell-like effects.
STRENGTH OF PERSONALITY Your strong personality gives a bonus to influence others. Prerequisites: Wis 13+, Iron Will, character leveI5th+. Benefit: You gain a +2 competence bonus to all Charisma based ability checks and skill checks.
Making a human Noble
“Abilities” “Regarding ability and other virtues suitable a man of such character” “”Wisdom””
- Noble upbringing teach that all skills and profane traits are virtues,
- all skill and traits are honours as they are part of the persons character.
- So all comes down to nobles mastering many small and often useless traits.
- For Nobles wisdom, is the awareness of responsibility, insight of yourself, respect and understanding of tradition and finally it is suitability for leadership.
- Intelligence in a nobleman, and the powers of learning are not
as encouraged and common as they should be.
- Nobles are not selected for their scholarly potential.
- Nobles excel at transforming their strength of personality to physical strength, their self awareness
- into attention, awareness of others feelings and thoughts into organisation skills.
Nobles harbour many minor skills that can only truly be explained, as the strength of their personality both body and mind. Nobles can do it because their popularity, grace and beautify stems from all these small characteristics and traits that just the same turn into social skills.
Noble Human, Starting Package
Level 1. Weapons: Rapier, tiny dagger.
Skill Selection: Persuasion 2 ranks and ride 2 ranks.
Bonus Feats: wealth
Playing a Noble Human
Religion: Monotheism, either Zarus, Titan or Cyric. That are seen as the progenitors of the noble houses.
Other Classes: Other classes are either seen servitors, allies or rivals.
Combat: Non combatant.
Advancement: Nobles are suitable for Knight or Templar levels.
Human Nobles in the World
|“||<-Some quote from a character of this class->||”|
|—<-NPC name->, <-race-> <-class->|
Nobles, are aristocrats of soldier but most nobles are not soldiers, merely born into being related to soldiers. In anyway they are the law of the world,for humans anyway.
Daily Life: Some nobles serve as aids just as lesser serve as servitors, or they live like lords they are, most die of soldiering before enjoying their social status. Most nobles do not own their own homes, instead being glorified retainers. Slightly wealthier nobles, usually live in a small but comfortable houses and the really wealthy live in mansions that contains a small community of retainers. Notables: <-notable NPCs of this class->.
Organizations: Nobles organize, according to Baronies Courts, family and communities.
NPC Reactions: Serfs either pretend to pay nominal respect or they express genuine loyalty. If the serfs can get away with it, despise and hatred is as common as loyalty.
Human Noble Lore
Characters with ranks in knowledge(Korad) can research human nobles to learn more about them. When a character makes a skill check, read or paraphrase the following, including information from lower DCs.
|5||Ruler by the grace of God|
|20||Details of the feudal system.|
Noble Humans in the Game
The noble is the leader and negotiator of the party.
Sample Encounter: <-DM placement for NPCs of this class.->.
EL : <-Encounter scenario and character info on sample NPC including stat block. The CR of the NPC is typically the same as the EL for the encounter.->.
At certain ages the character either has to buy a Age Template or buy off the Age Template. If the character is not old enough or have high enough levels the character may take age neutral templates.
|1||child, -2 to physical. level 1|
|2||adult . level 2-4|
|5||middle age. -2,to physical. level 5-7|
|8||old age. -4, to physical. level 8-12|
|12||venerable age.-6 to physical.level 12-16|
|16||normally dead.level 16-20.|
“”Half Human”” You are aging corresponding to double the speed of time of the levels. Adult at level 1, middle age at level 2 and so on. You can start taking non racial classes at level 1. You can also take 1 level of another race.
“”High Human”” You are aging corresponding to half as slow the time of the levels. Adult at level 4, middle age at level 2 and so on. You can start taking non racial classes at level 4.
“”Youth”” You jump back one age category. Can be taken several times.