Worldgate (3.5e Campaign Setting)
From D&D Wiki
| This has some sparse information, but large amounts of material are missing. Please help improve this.
What are the rating guidelines in more detail?
Disclamer: the WGCS is not intended to be on the same power level as standard D&D.
This is the actual table of contents, and although the latest PDF contains much more, this is what was already "wikified":
Well, what can I say? I have been toying around with this idea for quite some time now, and finally decided to put it down. The Worldgate Campaign Setting (WGCS) could probably be best described as "Babylon 5 meets Stargate meets EarthDawn", although I'm also having some ideas of my own :P . I had started the first discussion about it here on the WotC boards, but now have grown utterly frustrated as to the complete lack of feedback and answers.
All basic information as to my inspiration and motivations, mechanical changes (which are drastic indeed as I do away with HPs and AC), and class mechanics can be found in that thread. There is also a preview PDF available here which shows a bit of what I have in mind for the WGCS.
If you have any comments, suggestions, questions, or ideas regarding the WGCS, just drop me a line on the discussion page. The same's true for any grammatical and spelling errors. If you find some, just tell me on what page/section/paragraph and I'll correct it. Thanks guys. :)
- UPDATE: Although having been very busy recently, I got around working on the WGCS again. I know it sounds silly, but I changed the system again. *doh* No matter what class combination I tried, it just wouldn't work out for the flavor I had in mind for the CS. Therefore, I decided to ditch classes altogether and go for a purely skill based system.
- I've got a new preview file up here and a corrosponding thread over on the Campaign Builders' Guild. The basic premise and tone of the setting remain the same, just the mechanics changed. I'm currently experimenting around with the skills and feat trees.
- Btw, I wish you all a Happy New Year 2007. :D
- --Ra-Tiel 14:07, 1 January 2007 (MST)
- So, finally something new on this site. ^^ I've been working for quite some time now on the WCS, and made a switch from LaTeX to XML as the underlying technology for writing (as you probably already knew if you took a look at the dicussion ;) ). All the old stuff previously on this site (like the weaponmaster class), are utterly obsolete by now (and therefore removed from the project).
- BlueDragon is currently converting the XML sources into wikipages, so I think that there'll be soon some more content. :)
- --Ra-Tiel 22:38, 13 May 2007 (MDT)