Werepyre, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Werepyres are typically normal people, however most have aggressive tendencies.
 Physical Description
Most werepyres are tall - lithe, yet muscular. They usually have long, flowing hair which seems to emulate a mane. They also have enhanced canine teeth which serve as fangs. These fangs can be concealed, but it must be a conscious effort. Werepyres also retain a youthful look regardless of how much time passes.
Werepyres are rather socially inept usually due to their mixed upbringing. In seclusion they are usually raised. Other races treat them as any other human, but they find their lack of social skills staggering.
Werepyres may be of any alignment, but tend towards chaotic.
Werepyres are few and far between without a land to call home.
Werepyres usually do not worship any gods.
 Racial Traits
- +4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 constitution, -2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence: Werepyres are Strong and Agile, but also have skills aside from natural instinct.
- Outsider (Native): A Vampire and Lycan are neither outsiders, however, due to the infusion of abyssal energy, the werepyre's creation was possible.
- Darkvision 120ft
- Werepyre base land speed is 30 feet (Changes with Animal form)
- Revolting Anger (Ex): A werepyre does not become scared when Intimidated, instead the werepyre must roll a Will save with a DC: 15, if failed the werepyre becomes angered and must engage in combat, yet has a -2 Penalty to all attack rolls and -2 Penalty to all saves.
- Society Struggle: Werepyres are not accepted by Vampires or Lycans, if spotted by one, the Lycan or Vampire will stalk the Werepyre and attack at random.
- Werepyres cannot fight with two weapons.
- Day Breaker (Ex): Werepyres are the better of both Vampires and Lycans but still suffer a -2 Penalty to all combat based rolls in daylight. While in direct sunlight a Werepyre looses all of his Werepyre powers, all except regenerative abilities.
- Domination (Su): As base vampire, except that a Werepyre can do this either by gaze or voice. It does not require line of sight to the target, but the target must be able to hear the vampire lord's voice when it speaks at a normal volume level. (DC: 15 vs. victims Will save.) When the Werepyre gets older he will be able to dominate a person with just his voice no matter how strong the victim's will is and however long he wants no matter how far away, the only way to break the domination is to kill the Werepyre. Werpyres
- Bite: A werepyre has a natural bite attack which does damage equal to the creature's unarmed strike.
- Blood Rush (Ex): When a werepyre consumes a pint of blood, they go gain a surge of power. They gain an untyped bonus of +2 to any physical ability score for a number of rounds equal to half their total hit dice.
- Eternal Sleep: Werepyres require 8hrs of sleep every day. If kept awake the Werepyre will suffer a -3 penalty to ALL rolls. Werepyres have trouble sleeping in hot climates and suffer a -1 penalty to ALL rolls if sleeping in hot climates.
- Blood Drain- If pinning an opponent, the Werepyre can make a bite attack that does 1d4 Constitution damage each round, the vampire gains 5 temporary hp each point, and input a venom which will paralyze the victim . If you do not drain at least 5 Constitutions point of Blood each week from a living creature, you take -2 INT and +2 STR (FortNeg, DC 15 + number of days since you last drunk). If you still do not drink, for every week you take -2 INT and +2 STR.
- Racial Feats: A Werepyre starts with 3 Feats, and gains one ever 5 levels.
- Vampire's Curse: A Werepyre's appearance does not change with age. Therefore Werepyres take a extra -2 Penalty to Disguise.
- Racial Skills: A Werepyre has racial skills of Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, and Spot.
- Drain Lycanthropy (Su): Any Lycanthrope hit by Werepyre’s bite attack in animal form must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or lose lycanthropy. The Lycanthropy is passed on to the Lycanthropy Vampire (it can now change shape into that animal). A character may deliberately fail this roll to lose lycanthropy.
- Curse of Lycanthropy (Su): Any humanoid or giant hit by a Werepyre’s bite attack in animal form must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or contract lycanthropy. If the victim’s size is not within one size category of the lycanthrope the victim cannot contract lycanthropy from that lycanthrope. The Lycanthropy passed on is chosen by the Lycanthropy Vampire.
- Weakness to Silver: Werepyres take a extra 2d6 damage if attacked by silver.
- Weakness to Fire: Werpyres take a extra 2d6 damage if attacked by Fire.
- Huanting Nightmares: Once a week a Werepyre will have a nightmare. The nightmare will huant the Werepyre all day, stealing his action every other turn. (Werepyre makes a action then its next turn is skipped.)
- Lycan's Revenge: On nights of a full moon, Werepyres can not hide their fangs, making every NPC that engages in conversation with the Werepyre roll spot. [DC:10] If succeed, they will attack the Werepyre. If failed the Werepyre has a penalty for rolls with Charisma of -5.
- Alternate Form (Su): A lycanthrope can assume the form of a specific animal (as indicated in its entry). It does not assume the ability scores of the animal, but instead adds the animal’s physical ability score modifiers to its own ability scores. Changing to or from animal form is a standard action. It also gains any special qualities of the creature form it is in.
- Lycanthropic Empathy (Ex): In any form, Werepyre can communicate and empathize with normal or dire animals of their animal form. This gives them a +4 racial bonus on checks when influencing the animal’s attitude and allows the communication of simple concepts and (if the animal is friendly) commands, such as “friend,” “foe,” “flee,” and “attack.”
- Life Blood (Ex): Aa a Lycanthropy Vampire vampire ages he shall get stronger with every passing year, while gaining more vampire abilities as well, and does not die of old age
- Regeneration: 5 hp per round, can reattach limbs if cut off and if not found their limb, a Lycanthropy Vampire will regrow one in about 1 hour, if blood is drinken
- Werpyres are not able to enter homes without being invited in by the owner.
- Werepyres are immune to mind effecting abilities, poisons, and diseases
- Werepyres have an immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects.
- Blood Mimicry: When a Werepyre gets older he will get a unique ability to call forth the memories, skills, and powers of the victim he drained, he can only use this ability one a day and gets this power at age 1000 years
- Werepyres have a +2 racial bonus to Spot, and Listen.
- When in Animal form Werepyres suffer a -2 Penalty to Concentration, Climb, Move Silently, and Sense Motive.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Infernal.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: +0
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||40 years||50 years||+5d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+2d6||140 lb.||× (3) lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+2d4||110 lb.||× (2) lb.|