Waterkin (Cora Race)
From D&D Wiki
|World of Cora|
Waterkin are known for their strength and endurance. They often choose working class jobs such as blacksmithing, fishing, or hunting. Waterkin who have a knack for adventuring often become disciples of the fist, and learn the ways of the fluid body. Waterkin are found within the Empire, and very few choosing to live outside its influence. Most waterkin believe in a strong family, and good work ethics, and waterkin families try to pass on the ideal that you must work hard for what you want, but if you put in enough effort, anything is able to be accomplished. Most waterkin end up leading simple lives, even though they do believe in hard work, most never manage to have high aspirations beyond taking over after their fathers business, or getting married to a decent man.
Waterkin have light blue, to purple skin, and black hair. Most have blue eyes to compliment their skin. They are of normal height and weight for a kin, and possess small gills on the inside of their mouths which allow them to breath both air and water effectively. Their skin is of a rough scaly texture.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Constitution, −2 Intelligence
- Humanoid (kin)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, waterkin have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Waterkin base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A waterkin can see twice as far as normal in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells with the cold or water descriptor.
- Water Breathing: waterkin can breathe underwater indefinitely and can freely use special abilities while submerged.
- Essentia Pool: A waterkin's essentia pool is permanently increased by 1. If he doesn't have an essentia pool, this trait grants him one with a single point of essentia.
- +4 racial bonus on Swim checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common.
- Favored Class: Soulshaper.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||90 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||125 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|