From D&D Wiki
|Blades Of Keran|
|Status:||To be finished|
|Editing:||Spelling and grammar only|
"I have all the powers of Hell at my disposal. Who are you to question me?"
Some people want power, and are crazy enough to offer their soul to various not nice people to get it. Others are simply (un)lucky enough to be descendants of those same people. However they managed to get their abilities, Warlocks wield the powers of the planes, which include powerful magic spells and the ability to shoot hellfire out of their hands.
Making a Warlock
Being somewhat nontraditional spellcasters, and also having decent damage-dealing capability, Warlocks can fit into pretty much any party structure fairly well.
Abilities: A Warlock's most important asset is the spells he can cast from his spheres. The Eldritch Blast is generally a fallback ability when there isn't a spell that you would be better off casting, or when a monster needs finishing off. His ability to summon can help out in a tight spot or when battlefield control is needed.
Races: Warlocks can be any non-Outsider or non-elemental. Actual Elementals Outsiders don’t bargain away their souls because their physical forms are their souls.
Alignment: Warlocks who bargain away their souls for power tend to be Evil, though nothing requires them to be. In fact, demons and devils will jump on the chance to corrupt someone Good to Evil, but such instances are rare. People whose power comes from their blood can be any alignment.
Starting Gold: 4d4*10 gp (100 gold).
Starting Age: Siimple.
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+2||Eldritch Blast, Warlock's Pact, Sphere|
|4th||+3||+1||+4||+4||Call of the Planes|
|15th||+11/+6/+1||+5||+9||+9||Astral Apotheosis, Sphere|
|17th||+12/+7/+2||+5||+10||+10||Wings of the Outsider|
Class Skills (4 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Disguise (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all, taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Use Magic Device (Cha).
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Warlocks are proficient in light armor, shields (but not great shields), and simple weapons.
Sphere: A Warlock gains basic access to a sphere at every third level. If the Warlock selects a sphere that he already has basic access to, he upgrades it to advanced access. If he already had advanced access, he gains expert access. At first level you are restricted to level one Sphere Powers.
Eldritch Blast (Su): As an attack action, a Warlock may fire a blast of energy at his foes. This has a range of Close (25 feet +5 ft./2 levels), does 1d6 damage per level of Warlock, and requires a ranged touch attack to hit. The type of damage it deals is dependent on the Warlock's pact;
- Angellic Pact: Eldritch Blast deals Cold or Fire damage.
- Apocalyptic Pact: Eldritch Blast deals Fire or Acid damage.
- Celestial Pact: Eldritch Blast deals Radiance or Cold damage.
- Demonic Pact: Eldritch Blast deals Fire or Electricity damage.
- Fae Pact: Eldritch Blast deals electricity or Cold damage.
- Infernal Pact: Eldritch Blast deals Fire or Cold Damage.
A warlock chooses one of the two at level one, once made this choice can't be changed.
Warlock's Pact: To gain his powers a Warlock must make a pact with a powerful being. Depending on what he enters a pact with, several of his class features can change. A Warlock be make a pact with several types of creatures:
- Angellic Pact: You made a pact with one of the several aspects of a god known as Angels.
- Apocalyptic Pact: You made a pact with a powerful Daemon.
- Celestial Pact: You made a pact with a powerful outsider of good.
- Demonic Pact: You made a pact with a powerful Demon.
- Fae Pact: You made a pact with a powerful nature spirit.
- Infernal Pact: You made a pact with a powerful Devil.
Planar Simularities: A 2nd level Warlock may qualify for and take feats with the a tag, as long as he meets the other requirements. Which tag is allowed depends on the Warlock's pact.
- Angellic Pact: You can take feats with the Angellic Tag
- Apocalyptic Pact: You can take feats with the Fiend Tag.
- Celestial Pact: You can take feats with the Celestial Tag.
- Demonic Pact: You can take feats with the Fiend Tag.
- Fae Pact: You can take feats with the Fey Tag.
- Infernal Pact: You can take feats with the Fiend Tag.
Call of the Planes (Sp): At 4th level, a Warlock can Summon an Outsider once per day, as long as the Outsider’s Challenge Rating is 3 less than his character level or lower. He can also choose to double the number of creatures summoned by reducing the max CR of the creatures by 2 per doubling (a 9th level Warlock could summon one CR 6 fiend, two CR 4 fiends, 4 CR 2 fiends, or 8 CR 1 fiends). This is treated as a spell of one half the Warlock’s level, rounded down, with a caster level equal to his levels in Warlock.
The type of outsider you can summon depends on your Pact;
- Angellic Pact: You use call of the Planes to summon outsiders with the Angel Subtype.
- Apocalyptic Pact: You use call of the Planes to summon outsiders with the Daemon Subtype.
- Celestial Pact: You use call of the Planes to summon outsiders with the Celestial Subtype.
- Demonic Pact: You use call of the Planes to summon outsiders with the Demon Subtype.
- Fae Pact: You use call of the Planes to summon elementals.
- Infernal Pact: You use call of the Planes to summon outsiders with the Devil Subtype.
Imbued Blast (Su): At 5th level, a Warlock may choose to imbue thier eldritch blast with more focused blast at the cost of strength. At the cost of 2d6 points of damage (i.e. a 5th level Warlock could use a 5d6 fire blast or a 3d6 imbued blast). This blast bypasses resistance of the energy and deals half damage to creatures with immunity to the energy.
Damage Reduction (Ex): At 7th level, a Warlock gains damage reduction equal to one half his class level, rounded up. What bypassed the reduction is based on Pact;
- Angellic Pact: Damage Reduction bypassed by Adamanite or Magic.
- Apocalyptic Pact: Damage Reduction bypassed by Good or Silver.
- Celestial Pact:Damage Reduction bypassed by Evil or Magic.
- Demonic Pact: Damage Reduction bypassed by Cold Iron or Good.
- Fae Pact: Damage Reduction bypassed by Cold Iron or Magic.
- Infernal Pact: Damage Reduction bypassed by Good or Silver.
Bonus Feat: At 8th level, a Warlock gains one bonus feat, which can be any Fiend feat he qualifies for.
Dark Blast (Su): At 10th level, a Warlock may choose to change the damage of his Eldritch Blast to Unholy damage by reducing the damage it deals by 4d6 (a 10th level Warlock could opt to fire a 10d6 fire blast, 8d6 hellfire blast, or 6d6 unholy blast).
Fiendish Servant: An 11th level Warlock is followed by a cohort whose CR is 2 less than his level, but the cohort can only have levels in Outsider (Evil).
Energy Resistance: At 13th level, a Warlock gains resistance 10 to two energy types of his choice, and resistance 5 to a third.
Fear Aura (Su): At 14th level, a Warlock can radiate a 20 foot aura of fear (as per the spell) at will with a caster level equal to his character level. The save DC is 10 + ½ the Warlock's Hit Dice + the Warlock's Cha modifier.
Fiendish Apotheosis: A 15th level Warlock becomes an Outsider with the Evil and native subtypes, even if his own alignment is not evil. He is immortal and does not age.
Spell Resistance: A 16th level Warlock gains Spell Resistance equal to your Warlock level.
Fiendish Wings: A 17th level Warlock grows leathery bat wings. Unless the Warlock has a better flying speed, the warlock can fly at the warlocks base speed.
Extraplanar Soul: At 19th level Warlock's soul has become so tainted with the energies of the lower planes that they become one with a lower plane of the Warlocks choice. The warlock can Planshift to this plane at will. This also removes the warlocks native subtype and replaces it with the extraplanar subtype.
Planeshift: A 20th level Warlock can planeshift at will, as a full round action. This feature functions as a spell-like ability.