Vroons (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Vroons can be from 1' 6"- 3' tall, and are of slight build, weighting from 4-28lbs. Females are bigger than males. Vroons are light purple in colour, with brownish orange eyes. Vroons are humanoid save one feature - turquoise coloured tentacles on there heads, that are in constant motion. Four of the tentacles can be used as second hands, and are sucker-less (great for reloading, each arm can make a move). If small the elongated tentacles have a 1'4" reach, but if tiny only 8" reach. And they can be anywhere on the head (i.e. chintacles can occur).
Their uncommon homogeneity, hints to being a bottle necked species; and a dislike (or incapability), of breeding with other races. (If a viable offspring ever did occor from such a union it is unknown). Vroons are sought for there innate skills, by many travellers and politicians.
Vroons are an especially versatile race, they can be found in almost all environments. Yet most have an extraordinary hate for the cold, thus are rare (but not unheard of) in colder climates. Vroons have no known home land, and have been roaming the planes for many an age. But it can be postulated, from the possible bottle necking, that only a few survived from their home land. That along with the chintacle variety hint at there being a few other subspecies that have yet to be found.
Common, Abyssal, Celestial, and Infernal
- -4 Strength, -2 Constitution, +6 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: There mental prowess and sociability, compensate for there; weak and frail bodys'.
- Tiny or Small: Tiny, 1'6"-2'(+2AC, −8Special Attacks, +8Hide); or Small, 2'1"-3' (+1AC, -4Special Attacks, +4Hide)
- Vroons base land speed is 15 feet
- Darkvision: 30'
- Low-Light Vision: A Vroon can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. While retaining the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Vroon Hand(Ex): Vroons get 10lbs telekinesis, that can be used at will.
- Telepathic Bond, lesser(Sp): Used at will
- +2 racial bonus on Gather Information, Knowledge(local), and Knowledge(geography) checks.
- -2 on Fortitude saves
- Spell-Like Abilities:2/day of each; Suggestion, Find the Path, and Calm Emotions
- Automatic Languages: Common, and Telepathic. Bonus Languages: Infernal, Celestial, and Abyssal
- Favored Class: Wizard, Sorcerer, and Bard
- Level Adjustment: +1
- ECL: +2
At first level roll a d10; if you get a 3 you can use Divination, 1 per day. (otherwise disregard)
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|65 years||100 years||120 years||+5d4 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
Common Prestige Classes
- Waltz of Blades (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Void Knight (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Soulbinder (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Nahlasit (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Mystic (3.5e Prestige Class)