Vortex of Chance (3.5e Environment)
From D&D Wiki
Vortex of Chance
A long mass of tunnels and changing the past and physics, air elementals rush through the tunnels, not even noticing the changes of gravity.
This plane is a plane made of tunnels of air and jelly like walls.
- Gravity: To figure out which way gravity pulls, roll 1d6 every minute, 1- Down, 2- Up, 3- North, 4- East, 5- South, 6- West
- Time: Every hour there is a 25% chance that the last hour will be reversed, reseting all health lost in the last hour, reviving the dead killed in the hour, and undoing all actions in the last hour. The inhabitants and vistors realise this and keep all they learned. If combat happened during that hour, and then was reset, all former combatants know what happened and are not considered flatfooted, even if combat hasn't started yet.
- Size: Infinite.
- Morphic: High impact collisions cause the appearingly stone and wood floors, walls, and ceilings, to giggle and send vibrations outward, like hitting jelly. This stops falling damage and bounces the players 1/2 the distances back up, before falling again from that hight. This repeats until the falling hight is reduced to 2.5 ft, at which the player stops bouncing. Otherwise the realm is static.
Magic, Alignment, and Energy/Elemental Traits
- Elemental Dominance: Air.
- Energy Dominance: None.
- Alignment Trait: Neutral.
- Magic Trait: Spells like fly, feather fall, ect., are given a effect simular to permanancy as, long as you remain on the plane.
Most planes are accessable via falling any hight that would normally deal more then 16d6 points of falling damage. This teleports you to a random plane.
Air elementals are the only inhabitants.
Movement and Combat
Movement is mostly the same, but gravity sitches often, allowing otherwise unreachable areas to be accesed.
Features of the Plane
Long tunnels, often up to 1000 ft. long, reach out in one of six directions, before turning or forming an intersection. straight pits and long skylight-like tunnels reach straight up, until reaching a corner. When gravity flips, floors may become walls and ceilings, walls into floors and ceilings, and ceilings, into floors and walls. When walking down a north going tunnel, and gravity switchs north, don't be surprised if you reach the end alot sooner then expected.
Floating platforms and large cube rooms may be found in the Vortex.