Vorpal Ragers (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Vorpal Ragers are the Backbone of Vorpalan society. They are simple idiots. In the average day, a Vorpal Rager will do what it is told to do by a Vorpal Intellect, or Vorpal Elder, or look for something to kill and eat. Emotionally they are much like children, but it is important to remember that these "children" are often over 1000 pounds of muscle.
Vorpal Ragers deserve the term "giant" as they are all between 12 and 16 ft. tall (and often over 8 feet wide at the shoulder), and weighing between 850 and 1175 lbs. Their skin is usually either a deep tan, or slightly redish, with their eyes usually being a dark color. Their arms are about twice as long as their legs, and they walk around on their knuckles, much like gorillas.
Vorpal Ragers are the worker class of Vorpalan society. Making up about 98% of the Vorpalan race, they are the physical majority, but lack the mental capacity to do anything with that majority. They will probably listen to Vorpal Intelects, but will unthinkingly do whatever they are told to do by Vorpal Elders. When given a chance to interact with other races, they will often find someone who is either kind, or extremely intelligent and follow them around, doing what they can to be helpful. Because they are giants, they are distrusted by dwarves, but do not dislike dwarves in the least, considering them good hearty folk. Elves are treated with reverence due to their intelligence. Most other races are often ignored, as gnomes and haflings are too small to notice, and humans tend to encroach upon their land.
While they can be any alignment, Vorpal Ragers tend to lean towards the chaotic side.
Vorpal Ragers feel most comfortable in plains, forests, or wooded mountains.
Vorpal Ragers worship the Elder Spirits - the souls of deceased Vorpal Elders.
Vorpal Ragers speak common and giant. Due to their almost-unintelligible accents and difficulty with language, most members of Vorpalan society rely heavily upon Pearls of Speech when communicating with outsiders.
Vorpal Ragers have a name given to them at reaching maturity by a Vorpal Elder. These often have several consonants in a row, and sometimes have built in punctuation. An example being "Drfgilan", or "Qbert!".
- +4 strength, -2 dexterity, +6 constitution, -2 intelligence, -2 wisdom, -2 charisma: Vorpal Ragers are strong and hearty, but mentally challenged. Their overwrought skeletal structure, however, comes at the price of severely limiting their mobility.
- Degenerative Aging: As a vorpal rager ages, it further trades power of mind for strength of body. Ability bonuses a vorpal rager gains through aging apply to their physical stats, and ability penalties apply to their mental stats. Thus, a venerable vorpal rager would have a benefit of +3 to all physical stats, and -6 to all mental stats.
- Large: As a Large creature, a Vorpal Rager gains a -1 size penalty to Armor Class, a -1 size penalty on attack rolls, and a -4 size penalty on Hide checks, but he/she uses larger weapons than humans use, and his/her lifting and carrying limits are 1-1/2 times those of a Medium character.
- Vorpal Ragers have a base land speed of 20 feet when walking bipedally. On all fours, however, a Vorpal Rager's base land speed is 40 feet.
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- Lowlight vision
- +2 Natural Armor
- Illiteracy: As the barbarian class ability, but you cannot become literate by taking class levels.
- Light Fortification (25% of ignoring criticals and sneak attacks)
- Rage:A vorpal rager can use rage as a first level barbarian. This ability stacks with levels of barbarian.
- Slam attack (1d8) and bite attack (1d6)
- Automatic Languages: Common (if intelligence is 4 or more) and giant. Bonus Languages: Dwarven
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||11' 11"||+9d6"||850 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||11' 11"||+9d6"||825 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|