Vorpal Elder (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Vorpal Elders
Vorpal Elders are a combination of cranky old men, preists, and the legal system of Vorpalan society. They always seem slightly preoccupied.
 Physical Description
Vorpal Elders are between 8 and 12 feet tall, weighing between 350 and 675 lbs. Their skin is pale, as is their hair, but their eyes are almost invariably black. Every Vorpal Elder has a long scraggly beard. Vorpal Elders are always thin. Their arms are longer than their legs, which leads to them often walking on their knuckles, like a gorilla. No one is quite sure where Vorpal Elders come from, except perhaps the Vorpal Elders themselves, as there seems to be few changes in age, and there are no female Vorpal Elders.
Making up anout 0.1% of their society, Vorpal Elders combine the religious power, and legal power of the Vorpalan race into one group. If a crime commited merits a journey into the mountains to see them, then it is probably not a good thing. Any argument a Vorpalan might have can be settled in the eyes of any Vorpalan by a Vorpal Elder. They rarely, if ever, interact with other races, but when they do, they think of them as lesser. This is not because they are racist, but because they are pretentious.
Vorpal Elders are almost always Lawful neutral.
Vorpal Elders are at home in cold mountains, and rarely leave them except when necessity calls for it.
Vorpal Elders worship the Elder Spirits, these being the souls of deceased Vorpal Elders.
Vorpal Elders speak Common and Giant. Every Vorpal Elder also speaks several other languages.
Unlike other Vorpalans, their names are not usually sound Norse. and example being Bjorn, or Aelfgar.
 Racial Traits
- +2 strength, +0 dexterity, +3 constitution, +5 intelligence, +2 wisdom, -4 charisma: they are more frail than other Vorpalans, yet still heartier than other races. But it still comes down to the fact that they are cranky old people.
- Large: As a Large creature, a Vorpal Elder gains a -1 size bonus to Armor Class, a -1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a -4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses larger weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are 1-1/2 times those of a Medium character.
- Vorpal Elders base land speed is 20 feet bipedally, and with the assistance of a walking stick. However, on all fours, a Vorpal Elder has a base land speed of 40 ft.
- Darkvision, 120 ft.
- +1 natural Armor
- Twice as many bonus languages as normal.
- Slam attack (1d8), claw attack (1d8), and bite attack (1d6)
- Automatic Languages: Common and Giant. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Wizard.
- Level Adjustment: +2
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|N/A||90||190 years||+5d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||7' 11"||+4d6||350 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|