Ushimimi (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Ushimimi are a subrace of yokai called kemonomimi and bare specific features of a cow.
Ushimimi are the strongest and stupidest of all kemonomimi. They are simple thinkers who hate thinking hard and will get easily frustrated is situations where deep thinking is involved. Having a relatively short temperment, it is not rare for one to go into a blind rage over the slightest insult.
A ushimimi was an average of 5 feet tall and resembled an oreisan human with the exception of having the ears, horns and often the tail of a cow that could hide around the presence of humans. The color of a ushimimi's eyes and hair may vary although the fur on their ears and tail were often either white or brown with black spots despite their hair color. Also a ushimimi may also appear in the form of a cow/bull, being an inborn cantrip praticed even by nonspellcasters.
Ushimimis happen to have so few friends for seemingly no reason (to them atleast.) Feared for their temperament, humans and many yokai do all they can to avoid contact with them, the kagebo-n show no interest in the happenings of others and the Sennyo's self-exile provides them with absolute 0% chance of ever crossing paths with them. Those brave enough to name a ushimimi gain a destructive weapon as long as they watch what they say and/or do.
Too blunt to differentiate between good and evil and law and chaos, ushimimi are often neutral.
An ushimimi may take any land they want by fear, but they often are too dumb to realize it and live where ever they can.
With the exception of war time where Ekikokou, the great war goblin rules supreme, ushimimi often don't pay tribute to any god.
Ushimimi speak Oriental Common and Ushi.
Names are a human invention, but due to the lack of intelligence of the average ushimimi, an ushimimi simply adopts the name of the human who named it and lives in blissful bondage.
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, −6 Charisma: Ushimimi are strong and enduring, but dumb.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Yokai: As a subrace of kemonomimi, they bear certain animal abilities.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, ushimimi have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Ushimimi base land speed is 30 ft.
- Cow Shape (Ex): A certain number of times a day, an ushimimi can change into a cow and back into her original form. While in a cow form, she loses all proficiencies with any weapon other than her natural weapons. A ushimimi can change into a cow 1/level during any single day. Changing back into her original form doesn't count against the number of times she can transform into a cow.
- Cow Horns (Ex): An unarmed ushimimi gains a gore attack in place of an unarmed strike (the damage dealt is the same as an unarmed strike of her size, but is considered lethal damage). An ushimimi deals nonlethal damage using her unarmed strike, but she takes a -4 aiming penalty on the attack roll.
- Yokai Traits (Su): as a yokai, if a Ushimimi is given a name by a human, she must obey every command that human gives her even if she doesn't want to obey the command. However, if a ushimimi already bears a name, she is not subject to this trait.
- Ushimimi have a +2 racial bonus on all Disguise checks made to hide their bovine features.
- Ushimimi have a +2 racial bonus to Intimidate, Listen and Spot.
- Automatic Languages: Oriental Common, Ushi. Bonus Languages: .
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass ushimimi's barbarian class doesn't count when determining wether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|250 years||300 years||350 years||+1d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 6"||+2d8||150 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 3"||+2d8||130 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|