From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello Zanni, and welcome to D&D Wiki. I hope you have been enjoying this site, and I hope you have been finding the information here on D&D Wiki useful. I am an admin (and, actually, the owner as well) here on D&D Wiki along with a couple other people who make up "The Face" of D&D Wiki. Everything relating to admins can be found here.
If you have any question about D&D Wiki, D&D, formatting on D&D Wiki, what day today is, or whatever, an admin will, many times, give a good answer. Please feel free to ask any admin any question (ask me a question!).
Formatting on D&D Wiki (or any wiki for that matter) can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain the basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Again, if you have any questions about formatting on D&D Wiki please ask them as, I imagine, anybody will be more than happy to help you get them answered.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I am sure you will find it rather nice. Most discussions take place on content talk pages, however please feel free to walk into The Tavern (our local chat room) and talk to some fellow D&D Wikians. Anyway, on D&D Wiki, possibly since discussions are never deleted, people try to be nice. This means please follow Wikipedia's guidelines on Civility and Etiquette when discussing anything. Also, on a pretty different note, to ensure people know who posted what, please sign your name after a post with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon. This will automatically produce your name and the date. Anyway, I hope you come to love the close-knit D&D Wiki community and welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --Green Dragon 13:20, 26 August 2009 (MDT)
- Interesting, I look at it when I have time. As far as I can tell, the front page look good. --The Zanni 19:45, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- Part of what I meant was "all of us who actually appreciate the Tome material". Surgo 19:47, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- Oh that actually quite cool, I sure check it out once I actually use my computer ;). The small french community I was part of died off, someone actually brought us translated tomes (I wish I could get my hand of them but even google failed me). --The Zanni 19:54, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- Surgo. I like the new site. Its nice. Good job getting it up and running. You never disappoint. gl. --Jay Freedman 19:57, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- Unless I've got the users wrong, Lord Dhazriel is french, and I believe he added alot of french material here to the wiki. May be worth a glance at his contributions. If I'm wrong and it was a different user someone correct me. 20:02, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- If you could point me to the original website, Zanni, I bet I could find the translated tomes again. Those would be really awesome to have. Surgo 20:07, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- The whole thing really and literally died out, the original website is no more for about 1 years now. I am still looking in my old contact to find them again, if I could get the guy email again. The translation was okay, it was clearly machine translated + a bit of manual translation but it was readable. If I had the courage I would translate them myself, but it a pain in the a$$ to do so. Anyway, I am at work now, we can talk more about this later. --The Zanni 20:14, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- Extra time for story-telling: After the site closed it door, me and a group of it userbase were gaming together in a chat-based game. One of the guy wanted to play with the tomes, but not all users knew english. So he translated them and emailed them to us. We never had the tome on the site, but in the hand of a small chat community. To clear nay confusion, now the gaming group is now dissolved and I changed computer so I am trying to get in contact with guy who translated the tome but most don,t answer back so I am here reading them in english today. Now I can give more details later if you don't mind. Notes: I may inconsistent, I was off the Internet for a while afterward and may be mixing dates. I like the logo btw. --The Zanni 20:29, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- @GD. Long ago Zanni had French Tome stuff. He lost it. --22.214.171.124 20:40, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- Lorddhazriel@gmail.com, email me I have active friends in the community. LAso Hooper I never made any french contribution. --Dhazriel 20:44, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- Hmm? But someone was maintaining a french section on this website though, right? French SRD i thought? 20:50, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- You guys need to take this discussion (about Wikia's wiki's) onto Wikia's pages. I have nothing to do with it. --Green Dragon 21:37, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
There is this: DRS3.5e:La Base. If you search for French you'll get some other stuff, but you'll know better what to search for than I. I know I ran across a category of french pages, and I think it was a french translation of SRD material. Cant find it though. 20:57, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
I'm sorry your user page got turned into a battle zone. This reflects poorly of members of both wikis, and I'm very sorry a relatively new user was exposed to it.21:16, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- How does it reflect poorly of BOTH members, when members of Surgo's wiki did nothing wrong, and only extend an invite, and the moderator of this wiki threw out baseless accusations that had no right to be on a random user's talk page? Dragon Child 21:19, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- By doing this right here - responding, furthering an argument on this user's page. You and I are doing it right now. 21:21, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- You guys need to take this discussion (about Wikia's wiki's) onto Wikia's pages. I have nothing to do with it. --Green Dragon 21:24, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
Can anyone tell me wtf is happening? This is getting weirder minutes by minutes... A) Why everyone is leaving? (I may have a clue...) B) WTF happened to my talk page? Thank you for your answers. --The Zanni 21:41, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- I'll try.
- A) Everyone is leaving because we dislike the actions and policies of Green_Dragon, the administrator of this site. We finally got angry enough about them to do something about it.
- B) People tried to turn it into a battleground for some reason. To recount as clear and concise as I can: Green_Dragon posted something that was a message to me, then for some reason Hooper replied and then, not wanting to be slandered, Dragon_Child replied. That it happened on your talk page is unfortunate. Personally, I suggest you email Lord_Dhazriel. He's a native French speaker (I am not) and can clear up any confusion. Surgo 21:44, 25 August 2009 (MDT)
- Spamming links to external sites. This is your guys last warning. Please take soliciting somewhere else. --Green Dragon 21:51, 25 August 2009 (MDT)